lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2011, 03:41 PM   #1
jetsurfer
Not Yet Wild

Default Trouble shooting my ezgo charger

I have a 2004 ezgo txt with a power wise charger when i plug it into the cart i hear a slight click but it dosent actually charge the batteries
jetsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2011, 08:26 PM   #2
1sikcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Trouble shooting my ezgo charger

i am in the same boat, is it flashing a red fault code? mine was flashing twice= battery to low to charge but that wasn't the problem my neighbors older style charger worked. then when charged it still flashed red.

bad charger? maybe??

experts chime in...
1sikcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:21 AM   #3
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Question Re: Trouble shooting my ezgo charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsurfer View Post
I have a 2004 ezgo txt with a power wise charger when i plug it into the cart i hear a slight click but it dosent actually charge the batteries
If you have a voltmeter take a battery reading and see what all 6 batteries are. If it's less than 30 total the charger will not kick on.
If you feel like you know what to do take the charger cover off and jump the timer leads and it should cut on and start charging.

1sikcart,
check the cable leads to the charger for breaks and conuity with a meter to see if a wire is broke. I have found this a lot on the power wise chargers.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:45 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsurfer View Post
If the click you hear occurs a few seconds after you connect plug the charger cable into the cart, it is likely to be the relay in the charger applying power to the transformer. If the ammeter doesn't jump up to some value (10 -20 amps), than you probably have a blown output fuse in the charger.

If fuse is blown, check for shorted diodes. That is one of the more common causes of a blown output fuse.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:55 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sikcart View Post
i am in the same boat, is it flashing a red fault code? mine was flashing twice= battery to low to charge but that wasn't the problem my neighbors older style charger worked. then when charged it still flashed red.

bad charger? maybe??

experts chime in...
Not sure which charger you have, but if it is saying battery voltage too low even after the batteries were successfully charged on another charger, the charger's control board is bad or the battery sense circuit is bad.

The battery sense wire is the smallest of the three in the output cable and goes to the Auxiliary contact in the plug. The charger's control board picks up B+ within the charger, while B- is picked up via the Aux. contact in the plug.

Might be a loose or dirty Aux. contact in plug or a broken sense wire someplace along its length.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO