lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-31-2011, 04:55 PM   #1
juicefree43
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO Steering Issue

I have a lifted 2005 EZGO...cart runs and steers great however as the cart moves faster if i run over any bumps, little lights in the road, just something to play with the suspension the tires wobble like crazy. It forces me to slow down till they no longer wobble then they are fine again. I have check the wheels, the suspension, everything is tight.

Any suggestions?
juicefree43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2011, 06:44 PM   #2
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO Steering Issue

I had an old Ford truck that did that! I finally put on what is called a " steering stabilizer ". I don't know if they make these for carts, but if not I'm sure you could adapt one for a truck. It's basically a double acting shock absorber that mounts from your steering linkage to the frame, horizontally.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:48 PM   #3
juicefree43
Not Yet Wild

I heard it could be the spindle and the hubs. Not really sure. I looked for a stabilizer online for this type of cart and i couldn't find anything...
juicefree43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:57 PM   #4
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you have any looseness in any of your linkages or kingpins, that will definitely make the problem worse. There may be an issue involving lifted suspensions on carts. These items are the only ones I can think of right now. Someone else here may have had this problem also. Hang in there. Solutions are bound to come!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:23 PM   #5
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Simple Man is correct, in the old Ford trucks it was called the "death wobble" and your cart is just like the old Fords.
The kingpins could be loose, your tie rods may be bad, I would check all; it could even be a tire pressure problem.
There is a steering stabilizer made for these but you would have to source it from one of the sponsors.
Looks like this:

dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO