lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2012, 11:22 AM   #1
TROPHYMAN
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Help with 81.

Hey everyone,
I’m trying to trouble shoot my 81 CC and am in need of some enlightenment. I’ve completely cut open the wiring harness on everything from transit buses to corvettes but these carts are a different bird.

Can someone please explain the theory regarding my cart. What do the big coils attached to the backside of the solenoids do? Where do the solenoids get energized from? Are they ground controlled? Hard to believe that little 14 ga. wire carries a constant 36 Volts.

I know about the micro switches in the box behind the batteries, are they grounding the solenoids or sending power? As each solenoid energizes (closes) how does that make the cart go faster? My head is hurting------

Any help is greatly appreciated.
TROPHYMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #2
evergreen state college
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Help with 81.

Coils are a step speed control "think of an old electric slot car controller"

There is one common wire going into your accelerator pedal and several outputs "5 if I remember right" low speed wire goes too far end of coils from motor and run current through the whole coil rack which acts as a load resistor in series with the motor and as you step on the accelerator as the wiper in the pedal steps from segment to segment the connection at the coils jumps to a shorter and shorter length until you are direct connect with drive motor
evergreen state college is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #3
evergreen state college
Not Yet Wild

oops hit send to early

as I was saying :)

Coils are a step speed control "think of an old electric slot car controller"

There is one common wire going into your accelerator pedal and several outputs "5 if I remember right" low speed wire goes too far end of coils from motor and run current through the whole coil rack which acts as a load resistor in series with the motor and as you step on the accelerator as the wiper in the pedal steps from segment to segment the connection at the coils jumps to a shorter and shorter length until you are direct connect with drive motor
As in this diagram

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...oils36vzi9.jpg

Or if you have the micro switch / solenoid version then the accelerator pedal triggers different micro switches and they in turn fire the different relay coils which shortens the length of the load coil used. As in the diagrams below… same idea only accelerator does not carry the motor load only the signal load

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...6solenofh6.jpg

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-diagrams.html
evergreen state college is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #4
paully walnuts
Getting Wild

Club Car

Here is another diagram.
It is a little grainy but its very useful. Shows all the gages and colors of the wires. As well as the points where you put your tester leads to trouble shoot each section. Hope it helps.
paully walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car