lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2012, 11:15 AM   #11
Superman51
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: DCS to Series conversion fail. Any Ideas?

JohnnieB,

First off, thank you so much for your time and effort in trying to help me get this fixed. I sincerely appreciate. I did a lot of trouble shooting yesterday and was able to figure out the problem.

First, the crazy voltage readings I had initially with the solenoid was because I was sold a bad resister. Oh well, went to the local EZGO dealer and boom, problem fixed.

I then had 51V coming into the solenoid, coming out of the solenoid, going into B+, coming out of B+, into “A” and that is when the problems started. To see if it was the F/R switch I took the one off my working cart and put it into this one. After the install……………runs like a champ! Since I was able to narrow it down to the F/R switch I dissected it.

First, I was getting constant voltage to the orange wire/reverse beep in forward and reverse. Further investigation revealed that the MS-4 roller was not going up all the way and disengaging the power while in forward. I simply bent the metal lever up so the roller would not have to travel all the way to the top to disengage. Next, I had 51V on A, but random low volts on B, C, and D. I took out the cam and could see gunk (grease, oil, tar?????) had gotten in there. Every time I switched from forward to reverse, the cam rotated and just smeared it around in there more.

After I cleaned all the copper and reassembled everything……………….this is one sweet cart. Except for the few hiccups (which could have easily been avoided), it was easier than I thought to convert a DCS to series. All in all, I have about $900 in a really nice cart. Again, thank you Johnnie B for the help.

98 EZGO, 48V, 4G wires, 500A controller, HD F/R, 5” lift, 22” Deestone tires, 10” wheels, Brush guard, Winch, flood lights, rear flip seat, 27 MPH!
Superman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2012, 11:26 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: DCS to Series conversion fail. Any Ideas?

Glad to hear you got it going.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO