lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2012, 11:22 AM   #11
lithoman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: installed radio cart does nothing

I dont think see wants to answer anymore of our questions

We are just teasing you....we do need some more info in order to help.
pics would be great.
lithoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #12
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Best place to start trouble shooting is to disconnect the radio and see what he has left. If everything works, start again like he had never done it before. If there is no change he needs to find out what he did that he didn't mean to do. Very possibly a wire that wasn't replaced. Start with a complete test of the battery pack, (static charge, charge under load, individual battery voltage, etc).
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:07 PM   #13
thekoziks
Not Yet Wild

I thoght about replacing husband but then who else could i make fun of when stuff like this happens. This is some new info. When he was putting in radio dropped screw driver and sparked across the key switch. So he blew something. All the fuses are fine. When you flip the tow/run switch the green light on the speed controller dose not come on. Nothing comes on. No red light or green light. Some how he jumped around the tow/run switch and the light comes on. So he decided he fried tow/run switch. Went to golf cart parts store and told them I needed switch. Told him what had happened and he said it was not the switch and would not sell me one. Told me that he new exactly what was wrong with the cart and that I needed to bring it in and they would get to it in about 3 weeks. He would not tell me what he thought was wrong. Husband called him a few choice words and off to shop number 2. Got switch and installed it. Guess what. He new what he was talking about. Did not help. hubby has been testing wires with meter and now thinks problem is something to due with the charger socket. I think we are doomed. Trying to take cart to lake on Saturday.
thekoziks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #14
thekoziks
Not Yet Wild

Radio is unhooked. He decided to do it my way and hook it up to its own battery. Already have it sitting in cart.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:30 PM   #15
thekoziks
Not Yet Wild

Some new info. He thinks its the thing with the red and white wire inside the charger socket. He takes parts off and I research what they are. Looks like its called a reed switch. This is his first time working on golf cart but he does have mechanic experiance. Auto mechanic for years and now is oilfield technician that works on switch boards etc... Just getting his but kicked by this golf cart. I did print out some wiring diagrams so he could do diagnostic tests. Anybody want to place bets on whether this works or not. PLEASE HELP. THANKS!!!!!!
Old 05-17-2012, 09:43 PM   #16
tcascario
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Smile Re: installed radio cart does nothing

It sounds Ike you may have blown your reed switch. If you search the forums there are ways to bypass and many have done it. Someone will be by to tell you how to do it if you are still having problems.
tcascario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:49 PM   #17
89GatorClub
Gone Wild

Club Car

Might be a crazy idea but has he checked to make sure all of the battery conections are tight?
89GatorClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:06 AM   #18
thekoziks
Not Yet Wild

Yes all the batteries connections are tight. I'm going to have him bypass the reed switch and see if that fixes the problem. If that fixes it is there any reason to replace switch or just leave it bypassed.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:33 AM   #19
fishb8
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Bypassing the reed switch is up to you. It's purpose is to disable the buggy while it is on the charger. That way it can not be driven and yank the charger out of the wall. Trust me on this, my daughter has done it. ONCE.

So if you bypass it, you can drive it while charging. This is not normally an issue for a sober adult. If you have kids running around, be careful.
fishb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:30 AM   #20
shaferz
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishb8 View Post
So if you bypass it, you can drive it while charging. This is not normally an issue for a sober adult. If you have kids running around, be careful.

TRUE STORY!
shaferz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO