lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2012, 04:19 PM   #1
deerhunter88
Getting Wild

Default Lights or factroy light kit

I need to put lights on a cart i built to hunt with. Question is what lights work best? Looking for them to be bright and have some longevity. Not really sure i need tail lights so i been thinking just a fog light kit from autozone would work. also adding a front bumper so i could possibly add the lights to it instead of the body on the cart.
deerhunter88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #2
tyhuck
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lights or factroy light kit

Im gonna be doing the same thing on mine. I just bought some cheap driving lights from Wally World, and will be hooking them directly to two of the batteries to get the 12v.

You should be fine with any 12v lights, as long as you have 6v batteries. If you have 8v batteries, Im sure you will have to buy some sort of regulator.
tyhuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:15 PM   #3
deerhunter88
Getting Wild

yeah i have the 8v batteries so ill be looking for a converter o regulator as well
deerhunter88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #4
tyhuck
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You could always run a seperate 12v battery that isnt tied into the cart power system.
tyhuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #5
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyhuck View Post
Im gonna be doing the same thing on mine. I just bought some cheap driving lights from Wally World, and will be hooking them directly to two of the batteries to get the 12v.

You should be fine with any 12v lights, as long as you have 6v batteries. If you have 8v batteries, Im sure you will have to buy some sort of regulator.
Running your lights this way will eventually kill those two batteries. Like tyhuck said, a separate 12v battery for your lights would be better.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:09 PM   #6
hot rod
Getting Wild

i have just finished putting lights on a 08 ezgo and i used a lawn battery because they are cheaper and easy to find in my ares. i ran all the wires and mounted the lights. i got the kit from wal world and it work just fine. the battery has been going now about a month and i have run the lights about 3 to 6 hours and the battery is still charged up.
hot rod
hot rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:27 PM   #7
MI,REDNECK
Getting Wild
Yamaha

If you are going to the woods with electric, you may need the extra power for tracking correct? I would definitely look into the LED lights. They burn A TON less power than the incandescent, and you can actually get more light from the same size light. I will be switching my own out to LED as soon as I get a good excuse to spend the money.
MI,REDNECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:40 AM   #8
Papajohn011964
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI,REDNECK View Post
If you are going to the woods with electric, you may need the extra power for tracking correct? I would definitely look into the LED lights. They burn A TON less power than the incandescent, and you can actually get more light from the same size light. I will be switching my own out to LED as soon as I get a good excuse to spend the money.
Sounds like a good excuse to me!!!!
Papajohn011964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:47 PM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Do a search in the forum before purchasing them. There are probably some good ones out there, but I've read a number of posts of folks who bought some, but were disappointed with their output.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:57 AM   #10
kellys~hotrods
Gone to refill cooler...

Yamaha

I got four of these 5 inch round off road lights from Appletreeauto. They are bright and look good I have them wired in pairs to two separate switches. The lights are mounted to tabs on a tube front bumper like you are planning on doing. They are listed for $21.99 each but I got them on sale (if you are on their email list they run frequent specials). You would have to make your own wire harness to the switch, power, etc. but it's not rocket science. I should also mention that I am running mine on a solenoid for each circuit so the power drawn from the lights is not coming through the ignition switch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0344.jpg (195.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0366.jpg (24.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0367.jpg (24.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0359.jpg (99.3 KB, 0 views)
kellys~hotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO