lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
thepcssolution
Not Yet Wild

Default 2005 EZGO Motor Vibrates and will not accelerate on small inclines

Guys,
This is my second post - the first was on my gas cart. Lots of great info and I'm happy to be a member. Here is the new scenario...

Friend of mine bought a sharp looking 05 EZGO a few weeks back and it was running awesome. A week or so ago the motor started to vibrate here and there and would not climb a small hill in their driveway. If you keep playing with the foot pedal ( pushing up and down ) it would surge, run good, slow back down and engine would vibrate again. He brought it to my shop to see if I could help. I'm a gas guy but I like to learn new things... Whats been done so far.

Batteris were all about 6volts seperately and 36 volts collectively. I think batteries are good.

Pulled every connector off and lightly sanded them and sprayed them all with contact cleaner - then torqued everything down

Solenoid at rest shows 36Volt on both pairs right and left at rest - in gear swith on - peddle down left side shows 0 voltage after peddle is fully depressed.

Pulled the motor - seems failr nasty in there. Armature has some side to side play which may be OK - I'm thinking brushes but have not checked yet.

Noted when plugging the charger in the needle on the meter barely moves to the right a little - just above what would be the one tick mark.

Checked splines and hub - nothing stripped - even on DS side hub - castle nut does not spin.

It's odd because under any load you can hear the motor seem to spin and it has an odd vibrate but absolutely no torque.

As of now - it is completely gone. Will not even climb the ramp in the trailer - batteries reading about 36V.

Here is my question - I think it is the motor but how likely is this? I've read where people say this is highly unlikely check connections - Im telling you, if these nuts get any tighter the posts will crack. All the power reads good so to me it doesn;t seem like a battery issue.

Has anyone else had this happen - thoughts? Help? Suggestions?
thepcssolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2012, 07:37 PM   #2
TheWiltz
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2005 EZGO Motor Vibrates and will not accelerate on small inclines

Did you pull the diff cover and look for shavings? Your diff gears could be shot!
TheWiltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:53 PM   #3
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

If your pack voltage is at 36 volts your batteries are dead.
Bowslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:56 PM   #4
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-readings.html
Bowslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO