lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2012, 08:02 PM   #1
cs1006
Not Yet Wild

Default 90 ezgo volts confirmation

I knuckled down and read scotty stickys and i think im moving forward , 90 ezgo textron solid state is what i got here , the solenoid dont click but the micro switch does the one mounted to the pot box. battery voltage was 37 2 on the batteries, the voltage from ground to the controller side of the solonoid is 37 2 but the voltage to the battery side of the solonoid is 26 3 , i tried ground to a couple of terminals on the controller is also 26 3 i say i have a faulty solonoid the key was on and it was in forward also can anyone confirm
cs1006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2012, 08:53 PM   #2
TheWiltz
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 90 ezgo volts confirmation

Maybe, but you NEED to charge your batteries! 37.2 is only 75% charged and they are destroying themselves. Full charge is 38.2.

Good luck.
TheWiltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:10 PM   #3
cs1006
Not Yet Wild

theres gotta be something wrong here then i chargerd them yesterdAY when the chargerkicked off after 10 to 15 minutes i read the volts and they said 38 2 ive been fooling aroung with the cart key on and off trying different things to get it running but the cart never went anywhere i better go up to the stickys again somethin dont seem right anyone wanna trade for a gas one lol
Old 06-26-2012, 11:10 PM   #4
Bowslayer
Gone Wild
Club Car

Are you measuring voltage from your main battery pack -? How can you have full pack voltage on the controller side of the solenoid and not on the battery pack side of the solenoid? There is just a cable going straight from the pack + to the solenoid correct?
Bowslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:02 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Sounds like you've got a 1990 Marathon Controller cart.

Hopefully, when you say "ground" you are referring to B- since the frames of electric golf carts should not be connected to the battery pack in any way, shape or form. Here is a diagram showing where to attach negative DVM test lead, unless otherwise stipulated.

You didn't mention how long after the charger automatically shut off that the pack voltage was 38.2, but if it was within an hour or so thereafter, you've got some battery issues.

There charger shuts off in the 44V-46V range and it takes several hours for the "surface charge" to deplete, so good batteries read higher than 38.2 for at least 6-8 hours after charger shuts off.

Until you get the solenoid to click when throttle pedal is pushed (with Key On and F or R selected), measuring voltage at battery side and controller side of solenoid contacts is more or less meaningless.

Here's a schematic with the solenoid activation circuit traced. It is only three switches, a few pieces of wire and a solenoid coil in series, and all are under the seat, so it's easy to troubleshoot.

Get the solenoid clicking as it should and the go after the problems, if any, in the high current circuit.

Also, what are the individual battery voltages?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:02 AM   #6
cs1006
Not Yet Wild

I went and looked at it your right the controller side of the solonoid has cable from the post to the + on the battery, the other side has a cable from the solenoid to the controller I was just referring to a sticky were scotty addressed how to measure voltage in the diagnostic section one side has battery pack voltage the other sould have battery pack voltage plus 0.1 to 0.3 voltage higher . if it was under it calls to replace the solonoid
Old 06-27-2012, 12:12 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Parts of that stickie are hard to read. It has served us for a couple of years but it needs to be re done ... It is best to remove the resistor to check the solenoid, but you are getting ahead of yourself, follow the solenoid activation chart in Johnie's post and see where your power stops.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO