lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2012, 04:19 PM   #1
codyb04
Not Yet Wild

Default Radio problems on CC Precedent

Hey guys i have a club car precedent i just installed a radio on and everything wired up fine and played. However when i press the accelerator the volume on the radio goes down, almost like voltage is being took away or interference of some sort, but after a few seconds returns to normal. From research i have done i have gotten answers from install a voltage reducer/converter to a noise suppressor... Any help would be much appreciated. this is my first golf cart so im still kinda new to everything that has to do with them. Sorry if i am asking a dumb question. Also i purchased a 48 volt battery indicator. Hooked it up however the only lights that will work on it are the last two red ones. I purchased from buggiesunlimited.com. Has anyone had any dealings with these...Thanks for the help...
codyb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Radio problems on CC Precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyb04 View Post
Hey guys i have a club car precedent i just installed a radio on and everything wired up fine and played. However when i press the accelerator the volume on the radio goes down, almost like voltage is being took away
You nailed it. However, the cart shouldn't draw enough current on a healthy battery to make the voltage drop low enough to kill the power to the radio. Do you have the radio hooked up to just the 1 12 volt battery? Is the memory wire hooked up on the radio? If so, how long has it been installed this way? That memory wire will destroy a battery in no time due to it's constant draw and the un-synchronization effect it has on the battery pack. You want to keep your batteries as equal to each other as possible. If you don't, you'll destroy them. A 48-12 volt converter is a must for proper stereo installations. It will allow for a constant draw, but at the same time it will allow for an even draw that is balanced across the entire battery pack and will not cause any ill effects.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:14 PM   #3
codyb04
Not Yet Wild

ok...im going to feel like a dumbass now, which wire is the memory wire. the only one i dont have hooked up is suppose to be for the amp. Yes i do have it hooked up to just one battery. Something else that is throwing me off is i took a 12 volt battery that is used for trailers with trailer brakes (smaller in size) and hooked it up to it, which is by itself not connected to cart at all but it still does the same thing. That is why i thought maybe it was some kind of electric interference. I will however get a converter and put on.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:16 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The memory wire is the yellow wire for your headunit. It keeps the EQ settings, clock, and station presets memorized so you don't lose them every time you turn off the radio. As to your problem, You've got the radio hooked up to a separate battery???? And it dies when the cart accelerates? I can't help you if that's the case.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:28 PM   #5
codyb04
Not Yet Wild

o..then yes i do have the wired hooked up going to battery. Yes right now i have it hooked to a completely separate battery. it has me scratching my head, and everybody i have talked to that does stereo installation....If it is being caused by electrical interfence from the motor is there anything that is suppose to help with interference...
Old 08-01-2012, 09:06 PM   #6
Cajun TBoy
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Mine the radio wouldn't cut off but would have static, cd or mp3 is clear. I have a 8" sub woffer so it would amp the static up. I'am running off a seperate battery and I have gone from a cheap radio to a $150 Kenwood I installed a noise suppresor and a ant. with a niose supressor on it. I also ran monster cables and did a little on strong stations. You are not to ground anything to frame but being I am on a seperate bat. I tried grounding the case of the radio and also the ant but did nothing so I removed it. I mostly listen to my phone and If listening to a game i park it. If you find a fix you could sell the answer lol
Cajun TBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:10 PM   #7
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

The EMF from the motor will literally kill an AM radio signal, and will distort weaker FM radio signals as well. It will not affect CD's or iPod hookups (unless there is something unusual about your motor).
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:12 AM   #8
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

any fix yet?? my 85 marathon bad noise since mounting the speakers? put a noise suppresor close to the radio and hooked up wit the memory wire also like stereo guy told me to do and no change?
should i put the suppresor closer to the battery,,will it make any difference?
the guy said i may need to isolate the speakers from where the screws touch the cart and speaker frame? before the speakers were sitting in my dash and i had no noise,,since mounting them on the floor under the dash the noise is crazy as heck,,anyone?
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car