lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2012, 05:42 PM   #1
robw22
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 ds regen only moves a couple inches

this cart is a 2000 regen. The batteries were replaced 6 ago. It has run fine until yesterday. It just clicked and stopped. I have fully charged the batteries and checked them all with a multi meter and theyre good. When you press the pedal, it moves a few inches, then clicks and stops and the battery light comes on. Does anyone have any ideas of what it might be, or some methods to troubleshoot it? Thanks in advance. Rob
robw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2012, 11:57 AM   #2
robw22
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2000 ds regen only moves a couple inches

Sorry, I meant to say 6 months ago...After leaving it off the charger for a few hours, I retested the batteries. They all read around 9.1-94 except for one that read 5.6. The battery was also bulged around the terminals. What could have caused this, and could this one bad battery cause the cart to not move?
Old 08-07-2012, 11:59 AM   #3
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by robw22 View Post
Sorry, I meant to say 6 months ago...After leaving it off the charger for a few hours, I retested the batteries. They all read around 9.1-94 except for one that read 5.6. The battery was also bulged around the terminals. What could have caused this, and could this one bad battery cause the cart to not move?
One bad battery will cause that issue.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:00 PM   #4
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
One bad battery will cause that issue. Have you check water level in the batteries?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
the battery reading 5.6 if thats the case thats your problem...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:49 PM   #6
robw22
Not Yet Wild

I did check the water level and it was below the top of the plates on 2 cells. I topped them up and tried charging again, but no luck. I guess buying 1 battery is better then 6. Thanks guys for the advice.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:20 PM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
I did check the water level and it was below the top of the plates on 2 cells. I topped them up and tried charging again, but no luck. I guess buying 1 battery is better then 6. Thanks guys for the advice.
try and get a battery as close to what you have in cart as possible.......................................... ....
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car