lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2012, 08:31 AM   #11
dawgn86
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New 2009 RXV owner

2Man

Reading your post about adding a fan to help keep controller cool. What is a muffin fan? and how would you hook up and mount. Sounds like a good idea.
dawgn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #12
2manytoyz
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

A muffin fan is roughly a 4" square fan, maybe an inch thick. These are used in computer power supplies to keep the electronics cool. Also found in all types of A/V equipment.

They use very low power. I buy a bunch from an online suplus store for about $3 each, and are rated at 0.32 Amps. Very quiet too.

I will tie into the solenoid. It'll only run when the solenoid is engaged.

I'll post pics when completed. Haven't searched the archives on this topic, I'm sure others have done this too.
2manytoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:13 AM   #13
dawgn86
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Please do

I live in GA and it's hot most of the year. I live on a golf course, but a good bit of my cart time is spent looking for golf balls along the fairways with my son.
dawgn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:13 AM   #14
2manytoyz
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm in FL, same issue here. HOT most of the year.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #15
Hamnut
Not Yet Wild

Hi Robert
I saw the manual P/N 611103 was available but I was not sure how much detail was in it. I am the type of guy who will try to fix everything I own (sometimes not successfully) so when you go through yours could you tell me if it includes wiring diagrams, controller information, motor, break and differential information? I will gladly buy a copy if there is god stuff inside and not just call your service rep. When I was putting the cart on the trailer I had no problems climbing the ramps. Even spun the tires on the gravel. The kill switch is a good idea. I have only driven my cart on fair flat ground and I have checked the heat sink of the controller. I never got more than warm to the touch. Climbing hill will probably be different. I am looking into a DC-DC converter but I want to know the efficency of the unit before I buy one. I probably just put in an auxillary 12 volt battery and charger to run lights etc. Having fun, maybe golf cart drag racing will be next.
Hamnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:08 PM   #16
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgn86 View Post
2Man

Reading your post about adding a fan to help keep controller cool. What is a muffin fan? and how would you hook up and mount. Sounds like a good idea.
http://bit.ly/TsJ6Xz

Sorry, couldn't resist.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #17
2manytoyz
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamnut View Post
Hi Robert
I saw the manual P/N 611103 was available but I was not sure how much detail was in it. I am the type of guy who will try to fix everything I own (sometimes not successfully) so when you go through yours could you tell me if it includes wiring diagrams, controller information, motor, break and differential information?
Okay, spent some time going through the service/repair manual today. Honestly, much of it is covered in the freebie manuals I've found online for free. It does go into greater detail, and has the full wiring diagram for the older RXVs, as well as the latest version. They are NOT the same, hence the recent revision of the manual.

Provided you don't have any major electrical issues, it may not be worth the money. But if you do, it could save you a bunch of head scratching.

I do all my own wrenching, and I tend to modify everything I own. It's worth the cost IMHO.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #18
TheAspec
Gone Wild

Besides the wiring digram, is the service manual (part 611103) worth the cost? Does it detail shocks, springs, hubs, etc? Just wondering if there is good/useful information before I give $68 to Amazon. ;)
TheAspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:10 PM   #19
MiltonC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamnut View Post
Hi Robert
I saw the manual P/N 611103 was available but I was not sure how much detail was in it. I am the type of guy who will try to fix everything I own (sometimes not successfully) so when you go through yours could you tell me if it includes wiring diagrams, controller information, motor, break and differential information? I will gladly buy a copy if there is god stuff inside and not just call your service rep. When I was putting the cart on the trailer I had no problems climbing the ramps. Even spun the tires on the gravel. The kill switch is a good idea. I have only driven my cart on fair flat ground and I have checked the heat sink of the controller. I never got more than warm to the touch. Climbing hill will probably be different. I am looking into a DC-DC converter but I want to know the efficency of the unit before I buy one. I probably just put in an auxillary 12 volt battery and charger to run lights etc. Having fun, maybe golf cart drag racing will be next.
Bought the EZGO recommended DC-DC Converter and installed yesterday. 25 amp unit which included wiring to the solenoid. Easy to install and has a nice feature. If you leave the lights on after you turn the ignition off it waits about 2 minutes and then trips out. As soon as you start the cart it re-engages. Now, this would cause problems with a radio, but I don't have one installed and an additional wire to the battery could be run to keep the radio powered up if needed.
MiltonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO