lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2012, 03:29 PM   #1
wfishtx
Not Yet Wild

Default ScottyB's Meter Installed

Ordered a battery meter from ScottyB after reading all the great feedback on here about them. Took about 20 minutes to install and couldn't be happier. I didn't check the voltage direct from the pack as I don't have a voltage meter (that's on the list for the next purchase), but I have no issues with it being .04 volts off.

Thanks Scotty for a great product and thank you everyone else for the recommendation.

Don't ask me why it's upside down. If you click on it, it will display the correct way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (147.9 KB, 0 views)
wfishtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-29-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: ScottyB's Meter Installed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfishtx View Post
Ordered a battery meter from ScottyB after reading all the great feedback on here about them. Took about 20 minutes to install and couldn't be happier. I didn't check the voltage direct from the pack as I don't have a voltage meter (that's on the list for the next purchase), but I have no issues with it being .04 volts off.

Thanks Scotty for a great product and thank you everyone else for the recommendation.

Don't ask me why it's upside down. If you click on it, it will display the correct way.
Congrats!!!! But, .4v off from what??
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:02 PM   #3
wfishtx
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
Congrats!!!! But, .4v off from what??
From ScottyB's table. It says full charge is 50.96, which may be just a guide, but I figured since it was 2 decimals out, its an exact, but maybe not.

To your point, if I don't check the voltage at the pack, I guess it's really not off, or not that I know of at least.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:05 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

OH! your pack is reading .4 volt below what a full charge should read according to the chart... Could be your pack is aging and not coming 100% to full charge. Could be your pack is new and not coming 100% to full charge.
Could be .4v loss in your wiring up to the meter... so yeah without a meter (or2!?) to test against you just have to use it as a solid reference. Still be sure to recharge at or before 36 volts
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:47 PM   #5
wfishtx
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
OH! your pack is reading .4 volt below what a full charge should read according to the chart... Could be your pack is aging and not coming 100% to full charge. Could be your pack is new and not coming 100% to full charge.
Could be .4v loss in your wiring up to the meter... so yeah without a meter (or2!?) to test against you just have to use it as a solid reference. Still be sure to recharge at or before 36 volts
First of all, thanks for a great product Scotty.

As for the reading on the meter, its actually reading .04 volts higher than your chart says it should (51.00) at full charge. According to your chart full charge is 50.96.

I haven't tested the voltage directly at the battery pack as I haven't picked up a hand held meter.

Not sure this anything to really concern myself with given the slim difference, or should I?

It's an 08 club car precedent wih a 48 volt system (4/12 batteries). I used the factory wires behind the dash.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #6
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Scotty, you mean 48.4v which is 50% charge, correct?
Old 09-30-2012, 07:21 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
Scotty, you mean 48.4v which is 50% charge, correct?
Yes, I speed read and sometimes it bites me in the butt this is a 48 not a 36 volt cart.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:48 AM   #8
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Yes, I speed read and sometimes it bites me in the butt this is a 48 not a 36 volt cart.
I know the the feeling..
Old 09-30-2012, 08:49 AM   #9
lowrider
Getting Wild

Club Car

My 09 reads 51.0 after charging sometimes. But it doesnt stay there long. Just pull it out from its home and it goes to 50.9. See if one of your buddies has a meter you can borrow to make the comparison. Be leary of cheapo meters, they can be off. I also used the wires behind the dash and they metered exactally the same as the pack. No problems here.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:57 PM   #10
wfishtx
Not Yet Wild

Thanks again for the responses.

I do have a follow up question however. After installing the meter and riding around the neighborhood for awhile, I plugged it up for the night as I always do and when I came back out the next morning, the meter was reading in the upper 50s, almost 60 volts.

This obviously a lot higher than fully charged, so I'm guessing its just because he was just charged. I assume it will come down to 50.9 - 51 once it "cools off" so to speak?

Is this pretty normal for the meter to read high immediately following a charge and how long does it generally take to level back off?

Thanks again for all the help. This site is turning into one of my favorites.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car