lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2012, 06:25 AM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2007 ez go electric. Should I buy it?

I believe EZGO switched to the Shift-on-the-fly PDS controllers the day after my cart was built in Aug-2008.

Actually, I rarely change PDS Modes, so stopping and flipping a couple switches to make the change, isn't an issue for me.
In fact, I haven't even bothered to remote the switches, so I have to lift the seat to get to them.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-02-2012, 07:09 AM   #12
sprocket
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Eastern canada. Thanks for the advice. Total newbie as far as electric goes! Funny, I know a guy in Aiken s.c. Goddard is his last name. Used to be in roll off sanitation trucks. Johnnieb I did see a chip on ebay for @ 14.95. I think that's the one you were referring to. Ya I can wire. I think I'll try it. Does anyone of the sponsors sell them? Thanks.
sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:35 AM   #13
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
sprocket, ... snipped ... $1475 isn't a great price but not bad especially if there is a good dealer related to it. I often pay more for something because of the service that will follow.
and with kgsc. I have paid a little bit more my whole life when I know there is some backbone behind the sale. My only question is 50ish minutes driving time. I'm not familiar with PDS and I have never driven my cart till it quits so to know how much time I would get from my 1 year old pack. I would think 50+ minutes probably would be fine for you as long as you always keep it plugged in, and 50+ minutes is a constant drive scenario, but a lot of start and stop will wear a pack down too.

Your a cart believer so no one needs to tell you how great they are for getting around. You will love the electric side of the fence if you like quite. My only trouble with quite is me surprising people as I drive up from behind them. Now I make sure I always have some sound coming from my cart at all times.
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:42 AM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I'm sure several of the site sponsors sell the freedom chip, but don't know the price.

It is just a molex plug with a couple jumper wires, if you are up to it and can find the parts, you can build your own.
Here is a drawing show the four modes and another that show the differences
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS J2 mode plugs.jpg (130.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PDS Mode speed-regen level.JPG (18.5 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:46 AM   #15
sprocket
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes thanks for the welcome! I was over to the dealer last saturday talking with the salesman. I asked him about warranty amd there isn't any which I expected anyway. But he did say that if any thing major happened they would help a fellow out. I do know them pretty good and they do go all over them before they are sold so they don't come back. I think they pretty well go by the condition of the battery's as far as what it's worth. I'm hoping to get them down a little bit more since they will be storing them in the next week or two! Thanks.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:04 AM   #16
sprocket
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Johnnieb thanks, If I can buy it for that I will. Jeez 14 or 15 bucks ain't bad. Thanks for the schematic on them. Interesting to see how they are built and the "beeps" for each position. Man I'm trying to read everything I can!!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:51 AM   #17
Bud Man
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey sprocket check out this link lots of good info on the "speed chip"

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...able-chip.html
Bud Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:25 AM   #18
sprocket
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Bud Man. i am starting to understand this a little more! Interesting to say the least. Thanks.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #19
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If he is a true EZ-Go dealer, he will have those chips.. Part number 73272G01P, whopping $11. Tell him to throw it in on the deal..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:59 PM   #20
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

As others have said, even with "iffy" batteries the price is right. I purchased my 2007 with "iffy" batteries for a lot more(my bad)!! Also,my 2007 came with a Powerwise QE charger which very promptly died or was already dead (also my bad). If at all possible, I would try not to take delivery with a QE charger. They are very prone to fail and are NOT repairable. Good luck - RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO