lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2012, 09:30 AM   #1
Gibb
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Stearing Adjustment ( TIRES WEARING )

Hey Guys,
I installed a 6" drop axle lift on my 03 PDS about a month ago and just noticed my front tires are wearing a lot. I'm not sure If I did something wrong on the install or I just need to adjust the tie rods, not exactly sure how to do that. Also the yoke pulled out of the stearing box while I was installing the lift and I put it back in only now my stearing wheel is 180d upside down. Didnt think it mattered other than looks... Any help would be GREAT!! Thanks
Gibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2012, 12:00 PM   #2
dylan schumacher
JUMP IT!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Stearing Adjustment ( TIRES WEARING )

tie rods have threads that you just twist the bar and i will toe in or toe out your wheels. put the front on jacks to you can adjust easier. ok so how to explain this... so just take off the cover of your steering and your whole steering wheel and shaft will come off with a splined gear at the end of it. you should see a bunch of grease in the box where all of the gears are . just spin your wheel around until your wheels are straight and your steering wheel is normal and then put the steering back on. make scenes ?
dylan schumacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:34 AM   #3
Gibb
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Dylan, all makes scense but are there any other axle to frame measurements to check? My new tires dont look very new after a month they look like there cupping a little bit. Maybe I need new shocks but I have no bouncing going on...
Old 11-04-2012, 10:50 AM   #4
dylan schumacher
JUMP IT!!

E-Z-GO

what do you mean axle to frame measurements? you should take a couple pics of your tire wear and then some of dead straight on towards the front of your cart to see of they are toed in or out.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:51 AM   #5
dylan schumacher
JUMP IT!!

E-Z-GO

it will make it easier to tell you
Old 11-04-2012, 07:17 PM   #6
Gibb
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I will try to get some tomorrow but I got the toe in measurement pretty good, they were way off
Old 11-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #7
dylan schumacher
JUMP IT!!

E-Z-GO

ok that could be a reason. i think that there is a thread on here where it talks about how you want your tires toed in just a tad but let me try to find a thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO