lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2012, 01:17 PM   #1
braze
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default losing power QUICK, esp going uphill!

Ive got a 00' txt. When i go uphill its like it drains all the power. Not big hills either, im talking minor hills on pavement. I use the cart for golf. The course is about 1/4 mile from my house and by the time im on hole number 8 i need to get it back home because it goes about walking speed! My batteries still stay charged, its like the motor gets weak when its under a little bit of load. I can have the cart fully charged and drive up my neighbors steep driveway and it wont make it. After it gets itself into "limp mode" i let it rest for a few hours and its good again until i drive it on another MINOR incline. So once it starts bogging,losing power or whatever it is that its doing, its like it needs to take a couple hour brake before it gains any power back. Ive been planning on a 48v conversion but am not going to do that until i get it running correctly first. My guess is that the motor is just getting weak and needs to be re-spun or whatever they do to them, but im a newbie and thats just a guess. Any input is appreciated. Thanks
braze is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2012, 04:10 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: losing power QUICK, esp going uphill!

It all starts with voltages. Get yourself a digital multimeter, learn how to use it, and start tracking your voltage. Record the voltage before charging, during charging, directly after the charger finishes it's cycle (hard one to catch), 12 hours after the charger finishes it's cycle, and the most important one - pack voltage when it slows down or acts funny.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO