lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #1
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Default Which motor?

Hey Guys,
I acquired a used 500 amp curtis/FSIP controller and installed it in my '07 Precedent a few days ago. It works great, but I have questions . Just to clear some things up: I have Scottyb's 2 gage cables and his HD solenoid , so I'm covered there. I'm running a Commander high speed motor that did not give me the torque I was looking for, even with the bigger controller. I talked to Plum Quick and they explained that the Commander is only good for speed and not torque and suggested the "Executioner" motor, for both speed and torque .

Does anybody have any experience with the "Executioner"? Did anyone run into the same situation that I did?

I want the power to spin the wheels (on dirt) and still maintain about 30 MPH.

Any and all info would be appreciated.

Steve
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-04-2012, 01:44 AM   #2
ripdis85
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Which motor?

subscribed.. interested to see what people say about the executioner as far as torque and speed
ripdis85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:00 AM   #3
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdis85 View Post
subscribed.. interested to see what people say about the executioner as far as torque and speed
I guess nobody has any input? I'll be ordering the executioner today .

I will let you know how she performs. I may have to send the controller to fsip to have it re-programmed for that particulat motor, if I'm not happy with the result.

Cheers
Old 12-04-2012, 03:57 PM   #4
ClubCarDude
Gone Wild

Club Car

I am interested too! Sorry I cant chime im thinking of adding a Plumquick motor myself.
ClubCarDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #5
txbonds
Gone Wild
Club Car

I'm going by their shop on Friday to pick up a bandit motor. But I've got no experience with their motors thus far. Keep us posted when you get it.
txbonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:50 PM   #6
Clemsonprecedent
Getting Wild

Club Car

I am also in sort of the same boat, I just recently installed a 500 amp Alltrax DCX controller , 2 guage Scotty B wires and kept my stock motor. I didn't gain any top speed at all but I gained alot of torque so I am looking into getting a Plumquick motor as well. I guess I will stay tuned to wait for results.
Clemsonprecedent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:10 PM   #7
Clemsonprecedent
Getting Wild

Club Car

Stevec or txtbonds, have yall had a chance to install these motors yet? I'm going to be in the Fort Mill area around New years and was going to plan on picking up a PQ motor but kind of wanted to hear yall's results first. Thanks
Clemsonprecedent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:32 AM   #8
txbonds
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsonprecedent View Post
Stevec or txtbonds, have yall had a chance to install these motors yet? I'm going to be in the Fort Mill area around New years and was going to plan on picking up a PQ motor but kind of wanted to hear yall's results first. Thanks
Got mine mounted but haven't tried it out yet. Just got a 500amp Alltrax yesterday and want to get it installed before I put everything back together.

Hope to have it running by the weekend.
txbonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:46 AM   #9
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsonprecedent View Post
I'm still waiting for the "Exucutioner" to be delivered (they said it takes 2 weeks to build it). I'm sending my FSIP control to FSIP for re-programing per Robby's (PQ Motors) instruction today. He talked to FSIP for me and they know exactly how to program it for that particular motor.

I was having difficulty deciding on Alltrax or FSIP, as the Alltrax control is programable from home and the FSIP is not. I was told by engineers that FSIP controls are better on motors than some others. So I went that route. Once I get it back and put together, I won't be taking it apart anytime soon!

I'll keep you guys posted. I'm expecting 30+ and lots of torque
Old 12-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #10
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Update: Controller back from FSIP and works great on Commander motor, however it is programmed for the Exucutioner. The Exucutioner should arrive any minute and when I get it installed, I'll let you guys know how she performs!

FSIP recieved my controller on Friday and shipped it back the same day!

Robby from PQ told FSIP exactly how to program it!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car