lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-28-2012, 09:36 AM   #1
gchuckie
Not Yet Wild

Default 09 ds cart 48 volt

please help put new batterys in cart it has 4 12 volt batterys these are brand new i hooked charger up to batterys and charger runs for five minutes or so and cuts off and never comes back on. at first it seemed to run for a while the amp meter started at around 11 amps now its down around 5 amps when the charger is on. also i drove the cart around the yard it seemed fast at first then was pulsating. any ideas im new to the electric cart world! thanks
gchuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-28-2012, 10:47 AM   #2
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Default Re: 09 ds cart 48 volt

What kind of batteries did you put in it?
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:59 PM   #3
gchuckie
Not Yet Wild

brand new trojan batterys 4 12 volts i tested each battery and they all are around 12.63 volts hope this helps now i did some wiring tracing from where the charger plugs in to the cart there is a hot lead that runs to the first battery on the postive side> should there be a neg running to the last battery on the neg side/ i trace that wire which is a black ground and it appers to run to the controller or motor.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:14 PM   #4
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Charging problem is probably either OBC or charger itself (relay, rectifier, and breaker kit). It sounds like your batts need a good full charge.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:31 AM   #5
gchuckie
Not Yet Wild

ok thanks since there 12 volt batterys can i disconnect them all and charge them indivitally? will a standard charger work since they are just 12 volt deep cycle batterys?
Old 12-29-2012, 11:48 AM   #6
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchuckie View Post
ok thanks since there 12 volt batterys can i disconnect them all and charge them indivitally? will a standard charger work since they are just 12 volt deep cycle batterys?
Sure, you can charge them individually...
Old 12-29-2012, 12:30 PM   #7
gchuckie
Not Yet Wild

i called my local dealer sounds like from what he is saying is that the batterys are charged so the charger is shutting down because of that! it has the number four speed code in it so ran the cart and it only reaches 7 mph and still fills like it is pulsating. and i did relazie that the switch kicked over to neutral a few times under a load the dealer says it sounds like a seperate part from the controller or motor any ideas? hope its not to expensive to fix thanks for all the info.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #8
Melonbuster
Not Yet Wild

Unhooked wires-took out batteries-put in new batteries-hooked wires back up. I'm guessing something is not hooked back up correctly???
Melonbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:01 PM   #9
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchuckie View Post
i called my local dealer sounds like from what he is saying is that the batterys are charged so the charger is shutting down because of that! it has the number four speed code in it so ran the cart and it only reaches 7 mph and still fills like it is pulsating. and i did relazie that the switch kicked over to neutral a few times under a load the dealer says it sounds like a seperate part from the controller or motor any ideas? hope its not to expensive to fix thanks for all the info.
If you have speed code 4, you should be going around 19 mph. It sounds like something was not hooked back up correctly, or a speed sensor problem, causing the cart to go into 'limp' mode, which I think is around 7 mph.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:05 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

maybe one battery reversed? Seen it happen. check the voltage at the charger plug.... report what the charger is seeing voltage-wise when you plug it in.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car