lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-15-2013, 10:20 PM   #1
1970buick
Gone Wild

Default Solar charger for accessory battery

I am thinking of installing a solar charger on the cart to maintain/charge the accessory battery while I am driving around. I am looking at one of the chargers that plugs in cig lighter wired directly to my acc. battery. My question is how many watts/hr. do I need? I will be running radio/lights/subwoofer nd want to keep everything going longer. I am not sure how to convert watts into amp hours. I want something strong, not a trickle charger. Any ideas or thoughts?
1970buick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2013, 10:11 AM   #2
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Default Re: Solar charger for accessory battery

I'm not sure you'd find a practical, affordable panel that will charge your battery at the same rate you are burning it, but it will help. Is there any such thing, in practical terms, as a truly "strong" solar charger? I've seen a couple of carts at campgrounds running around with a solar panel on the roof, but I don't think that is their sole source of power for their battery.

I use a battery tender to charge my accessory battery. I use it for lights and stereo. In the summer, at a campground, my son usually cruises on it for several hours each night burning the lights and playing music. When he brings it back, I plug in the cart and the tender. Unless he's used it more than his average, all batteries are usually charged back up by mid-morning the next day.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car