lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2013, 11:43 AM   #11
deltaboy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Can't find year/model/sn/etc. on this old dog

yeah you need 4 ga wire for all the high current wires and they need to be high current wires. not battery cables you buy from the auto parts store. current doesnt flow through a wire. it flows one the surface of the copper. the auto wire has few and larger wires per cable than a high current wire therefore cant handle as much. if you want to make your own, use welding wire or go to a local car audio store and tell them what you need. the wire they use is high current as well. i made mine but just came in a little cheaper than buying a pre made set with time included. next set i will probably buy ready to hook up.

if you go 48v, you will have to buy a new charger. my textron charger is on a timer too so iv been worried about the over charging myself. for the power gains im not sure. im sure there will be a difference. iv heard on here that you get alittle bit more speed and lasts longer. iv read here that guys that want to use them for hunting or on alot of steep inclines to go 48v. im eventually going to do that if i keep this cart long enough and at the same time, i plan to get scottyb to hook me up with what i need to convert the cart to a controller.
deltaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO