lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2013, 07:57 AM   #1
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Ausco Brake Parts? Need new cable bracket

Does anyone know where I get parts of a brake kit? I need the brake cable bracket for the drivers side, mine was destroyed in a collision with a curb.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2013, 10:34 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ausco Brake Parts? Need new cable bracket

This is the response I got from my Ausco representative as requested.

We do not sell components for the brake kits except wear items like the brake pads and springs. Cable bracket is made from ¼” thick steel. If the bracket was hit hard enough that it is damaged, there is a good chance that other parts of the brake are damaged too even if you can’t visually see anything wrong with them.

Regards,
Name
Product Manager – Advanced Products
Ausco Products, Inc.

end quote
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:36 AM   #3
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
This is the response I got from my Ausco representative as requested.

We do not sell components for the brake kits except wear items like the brake pads and springs. Cable bracket is made from ¼” thick steel. If the bracket was hit hard enough that it is damaged, there is a good chance that other parts of the brake are damaged too even if you can’t visually see anything wrong with them.

Regards,
Name
Product Manager – Advanced Products
Ausco Products, Inc.

end quote
Thanks for checking... welding time
Old 05-24-2013, 10:45 AM   #4
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I've been following these post about the Ausco rear disc brakes. I did click a few links to other post that indicated the left and right rear brakes had been swapped in order to "move" the caliper's from being placed on the bottom of the disc (which probably had a lot to do with this incident) to being placed on the top of the disc. (The top being the "12:00 o'clock" position when looking at the wheel from the side)

It would make sense to me to have the caliper at the top of the disc and out of harms way.

However, I'm just wondering if there are any post that have pictures and discussions of if and how this was done and how it worked out??

Thanks.

Dave
DaveTM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #5
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Nobody has an answer?? I'm just fishing for some help. Looking......for some answers. Trying to get thru life without causing my cart to have a train wreck....... A little help here on the rear brake question would be good.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:16 PM   #6
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

You can run them upside down with out a problem, just swap the caliper assemblies, to the opposite side and mount the bracket upside down per the instructions. This is also covered in many posts.. Ps it is holiday weekend, be patient, people are out actually using their carts.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:14 AM   #7
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeep2 View Post
You can run them upside down with out a problem, just swap the caliper assemblies, to the opposite side and mount the bracket upside down per the instructions. This is also covered in many posts.. Ps it is holiday weekend, be patient, people are out actually using their carts.
Thanks CheepJeep2!! I was looking for some confirmation about these. I've Googled 'em and the only real negative I've found is should a part break, it appears that the company will not replace the part. They will sell you brake pads when your pads wear out, but should you break a connector, your SOL. So, you will have to buy a new set, or more likely find a fab shop to make the part for you. For me, since I have a set of jakes front hydraulic disc on mine, I would prefer going with these cable disc on the rear. No more winter "Squeak" plus better stopping. Even though my cart stops well now....this will help even more. Again, thanks for your post.

Dave
Old 05-27-2013, 09:37 AM   #8
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeep2 View Post
You can't flip the brakes if you have a lift block installed.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:39 AM   #9
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

To the OP. I have a complete set of used ausco mechanical rear discs I'll sell for $150.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ausco brakes.jpg (314.3 KB, 0 views)
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:40 AM   #10
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Thanks CheepJeep2!! I was looking for some confirmation about these. I've Googled 'em and the only real negative I've found is should a part break, it appears that the company will not replace the part. They will sell you brake pads when your pads wear out, but should you break a connector, your SOL. So, you will have to buy a new set, or more likely find a fab shop to make the part for you. For me, since I have a set of jakes front hydraulic disc on mine, I would prefer going with these cable disc on the rear. No more winter "Squeak" plus better stopping. Even though my cart stops well now....this will help even more. Again, thanks for your post.

Dave
Hate to tell you this but they squeak like hell.....But if you lubricate the slides with a dry moly film lubricant they are quiet.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO