lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2013, 04:50 PM   #1
white lightning
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 4g battery cables with 2g motor cables

Can I run 2g motor cables if I am usung 4g battery cables?Or should I stay strictly 4g? Also my plans are to upgrade to "The Beast" motor (found a slightly used one),but can I go ahead and install the hd solenoid now or should I wait till I do the motor and the f/r switch. This is my first venture into the golf cart world. Where I live golf carts are legal to drive in town and I need a little more power. My cart is a 1994 Ez Go Marathon. Thanks.
white lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 4g battery cables with 2g motor cables

Think of the amperage flow from the batteries to the motor as water. Now think of the cables as pipes .... just one small pipe in the system and the flow is slowed to whatever can flow through that small pipe (cable).

I hope this old analogy helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

if you plan on the go fast upgrade.....well you never mentioned the controller, you will need an upgraded controller, the HD Solenoid, and the HD F/R switch. before you start buying anything....check out Carts Unlimited, that's Scottyb's site, he is a sponsor here and read all parts.....LOTS of good info you need to consider.

oh and btw.....CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands, girlfirends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #4
white lightning
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks guys. I do plan on the upgraded controller as well, I am just buying the smaller items first. I have been checking out Carts Unlimited plus reading the "threads" to try and learn. I am currently putting a 5.0 into a Ford Courier, but I put that on hold so I could work on my cart.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:30 PM   #5
shaffer88
Gone Wild

Well they will work fine but if your are going to put on 2ga motor cables might as well get the 2ga batt cables
shaffer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:55 AM   #6
white lightning
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I changed all cables(motor and battery) to 4g and the difference is very noticeable!
Old 07-06-2013, 06:14 AM   #7
shaffer88
Gone Wild

All 4 ga improved it over the 4 and 2 eh . Good to hear
shaffer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO