lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #1
chuey12
Not Yet Wild

Default stalls on acceleration

93 Club cart 36v with brand new batteries.
Installed new batteries. ran great but stalled when pedal was depressed all the way down while going forward. no problem in reverse. It got worse and worse until now it will barely run when I press the "gas" pedal, solenoid clicks, it tries to move but it feels like it does not have any power. press the gas pedal more to give it more power and it shuts down. Runs normal and quick in reverse.
I've searched the forum and the web and I cant find an answer.
I'm lost and ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated....
thanks in advance...
chuey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2013, 10:14 PM   #2
pete959
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: stalls on acceleration

if runs fine in reverse but not in forward first check would be the f and r switch
pete959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:34 AM   #3
aintgotthis
Not Yet Wild

Make sure you have proper voltage in your batteries. I have seen people change their batteries when the charger was at fault. If the charger never charges the batteries you will just keep running them down and down. If the cart seems to take off for just a few feet and then start to shutter, it is the batteries.
aintgotthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:18 PM   #4
chuey12
Not Yet Wild

thx for the replys.
the batteries are fine and the charger is as well. I actually have 2 chargers and I used both just to make sure the batteries are charging.

How do i know if the controller is dead. How can I test it? In reverse is doesnt gradually accelerate; its jumpy, like stop to full speed.

how about the anti arc switch? how do i check that.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #5
aintgotthis
Not Yet Wild

The carts I am use to working on have three Micro switches on the back of the f/r switch (late 90's to 2005). The anti-arc is the closest one to the body, reverse second and the half speed reverse last. It is easier to just change the micro switch when there is an unknown problem. Sometimes a switch can show there is continuity but will not let any amps through it. They are only a few bucks at an electrical store.

Are you sure you have a controller? or do you have resistor coils?
Also, do you have a v-glide or potentiometer?
Old 07-12-2013, 04:38 AM   #6
chuey12
Not Yet Wild

well, i dont see any coils and 2 wires from the F/R switch and the motor go to a black box the size of a larger bible located on the roof in the back...so i assume i have a controller.
the pedal connects to a "V" shaved thing that has a copper piece that "glides" over other magnets... so i assume i have a v glide....
am i correct?
Im not sure if bad switches would cause these symptoms. I will buy a couple and change them out anyway because they are cheap. the buzzer switch works. any other suggestions would be very helpful....

thanks.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:25 PM   #7
aintgotthis
Not Yet Wild

That would be a v-glide. make sure all the contacts are in good shape and not all marked up from arcing.

Do you have a rocker switch for forward/ reverse or a handle thingy? If it is a handle, check the contacts on the back of it.
Old 07-13-2013, 03:27 AM   #8
scotter
Gone Wild

Club Car

No problem in reverse, even at full throttle? Reverse is half pack power, typically. On a resistor cart, the three driver side batts complete this circuit.. On a controller cart, even one mounted on the canopy roof, might still work provided the pack can provide 18 volts. Theory thinking here as not sure how controller works in reverse. You're sure batts are good, (even new ones can have a bad cell under load)? Really sounds battery related as cart worked, you installed new batts, but then died at full throttle (load). Just thinking outside the box a little.. Plenty of posts on how to test your batts. I would rule out the batts as the problem first.
scotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:19 PM   #9
chuey12
Not Yet Wild

it was the resistors on the v glide. i bought the upgraded resistors and now everything works.
Thanks guys (and gals)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car