lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-15-2013, 07:17 PM   #11
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2005 Club Car DS IQ brake lights malfunctioning

that small black box you are referring to, is a fuse box. Open the two 3/8" nuts and you will find 3 fuses in side it. The fat red wire is the hot to the fuses and the small wires are the individual load wires . Your reducer should be a long flat box, bolted to the frame on drivers side, behind the batteries. The reducer will have two black negative wires, leaving the reducer and feeding that negative terminal block .
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2013, 09:54 AM   #12
indawoods
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2005 Club Car DS IQ brake lights malfunctioning

I wondered where the fuses were housed. Except for the yellow fuse leading from the charging outlet I couldn't locate any. I see the reducer also.

Yesterday was a banner day for this rookie cart doctor. I received 2 new switches in the mail and changed out the under carriage switch with no luck. After swapping the brake peddle switch, voila, the brake lights work perfectly!

For those interested, I also had success with the project on my 2000 CC whose rear end was dragging. (separate thread).

Thanks to everyone who helped me out!!!!!
indawoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car