lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-16-2013, 12:20 PM   #1
tjcnok
Not Yet Wild

Default Another fine mess

Here's the deal: On my way to the mail box I ran over a small tree branch that got stuck in the throttle return spring. The Cart took off like a scared rabbit and by the time I got it out of gear and stopped it wouldn't run (around 100 feet or so). What did I do to it? I pulled the stick out of the spring and the brakes and foot feed seem to operate as they should except no power. The reverse warning buzzer still sounds. Continuing to pray to the great golf god that the motor didn't go bad. Where would yall suggest I start to figure out this mess. Thanks!
tjcnok is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-16-2013, 12:25 PM   #2
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Another fine mess

Check underneath and see if you may have pulled a wire off of the key switch. Also look at the solenoid for the same thing. I am assuming the solenoid is not clicking as it used to.
You should post what model and year your cart is. They have different diagnostic procedures! :)
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:05 PM   #3
tjcnok
Not Yet Wild

Gives me a good place to start looking. There is a clicking sound when I press down on the foot feed and the reverse buzzer will sound when I put it in reverse but seems to be no power to the motor. Going outside right now to check for loose wires. Thanks. Will post results after I do that.
Old 12-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #4
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple man View Post
Check underneath and see if you may have pulled a wire off of the key switch. Also look at the solenoid for the same thing. I am assuming the solenoid is not clicking as it used to.
You should post what model and year your cart is. They have different diagnostic procedures! :)

As simple man said it would be easier for someone to help you diagnose the problem if they knew which cart you have
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:19 PM   #5
tjcnok
Not Yet Wild

Yes. Sorry folks. 1993 Club Car, 48 volt Electric Decal on side of body says Power Drive system 48. The serial number plate behind the cup holder doesn't indicate a model number. The serial # starts with an A, if that is significant. There seems to be power into and out of the solenoid as it clicks when it the key is on and the machine is in reverse.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:41 PM   #6
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

If it ran into something and stalled out the motor under full power I think I would be looking at the motor.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:16 PM   #7
scotter
Gone Wild

Club Car

"AXX" is the year. A means DS. XX is the year.
scotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:23 PM   #8
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I would look for a blown main fuse.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:53 PM   #9
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcnok View Post
Yes. Sorry folks. 1993 Club Car, 48 volt Electric Decal on side of body says Power Drive system 48. The serial number plate behind the cup holder doesn't indicate a model number. The serial # starts with an A, if that is significant. There seems to be power into and out of the solenoid as it clicks when it the key is on and the machine is in reverse.
48v carts came out in 95, what are the two numbers after the letter A?
Also, does the cart have a shift knob or a rocker switch?
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:09 AM   #10
tjcnok
Not Yet Wild

The two #'s after the A are 95, so I guess that signifies a 1995 build year. It has a shift knob below the seat in the middle. It rocks back and forth for forward or reverse. Could you give me a clue as how to check to see if the motor is toast? I know next to nothing about golf carts but since buying this one, I am learning fast. If I can get it going again without spending a lot of money I would trade it for a new one I think, just for the warranty. Thanks, Tommy
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car