lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2013, 03:13 PM   #1
hosscat
Not Yet Wild

Default Whats it worth / should I buy?

I am looking to buy an electric cart. I plan on using it for hunting / driving around my farm. Its fairly hilly and has some mud, but not a lot. In an ideal world I will find a used cart and add the lift my self then probably some upgrades to give it more power. I have found one for sale near by, they are asking $1000. I am waiting on her husband to get home to tell me if it's a 36v or a 48v, she said she thinks it only has 4 batteries, which should indicate 36v. She told me it was a 1993, but it looks newer than that to me. I need some help, if it's a 36v, will I be happy with it for my application. And what is it worth.

hosscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-19-2013, 03:18 PM   #2
hosscat
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Whats it worth / should I buy?

She just sent me a picture of the batteries.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:21 PM   #3
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Nice drive by post.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:22 PM   #4
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

That's a Precedent 48v - first introduced in 2003 or 2004 (I think) - much newer than '93! The 4 batteries are 12v ea. In my opinion $1000 is a pretty darn good price if its running! The batteries may be short lived - if so, they should be replaced with 6 x 8 volt ones (there's info on this site how to accomplish that).
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:58 PM   #5
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

It's at least 2004 or newer because that is when the Precedent was introduced.
Also, it's definitely a 48v with 4 12v batteries. The seats look kinda boogered, but I think it is definitely worth $1000.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #6
hosscat
Not Yet Wild

Assuming I am able to buy it. I read a lot about upgrading cables, I can get 2/0 welding cable for free, would that be too big to use?
Old 12-19-2013, 04:24 PM   #7
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
It's at least 2004 or newer because that is when the Precedent was introduced.
Also, it's definitely a 48v with 4 12v batteries. The seats look kinda boogered, but I think it is definitely worth $1000.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesam View Post
That's a Precedent 48v - first introduced in 2003 or 2004 (I think) - much newer than '93! The 4 batteries are 12v ea. In my opinion $1000 is a pretty darn good price if its running! The batteries may be short lived - if so, they should be replaced with 6 x 8 volt ones (there's info on this site how to accomplish that).
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:02 PM   #8
nobogez42
Gone Wild
Club Car

If the electronics are good, $1000 would be a very good price. It obviously needs a good cleaning and maybe new seat covers, but they have an all aluminum frame so it should be in good shape.
As far as the cables go, most of them have already been replaced (exception being the black cable going through the OBC and the red cable going into the electronics box, they look to be standard 6 ga). The others appear to be about 2 ga. to me and that would be as large as I would go. Larger will not hurt anything, but will be very difficult to work with. More than likely the cables from the controller, solenoid and motor have not been changed either.
nobogez42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:42 PM   #9
scotter
Gone Wild

Club Car

good vinyl cleaner from auto parts store should help the seats. a good detail job will also help. if it runs, looks like a good deal.
scotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:25 PM   #10
hosscat
Not Yet Wild

Well I bought the cart this morning. She was honest and said the batteries may need changing, she can only get about 4-5 miles per charge. I thought that was pretty good though. It even came with a windshield. So now I need a seat cover and I plan on a lift. I would like to run 20"-22" tires. If I get a 6" lift it should clear, do I have to buy new wheels (different offset)?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car