lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2013, 08:45 PM   #1
racoutlaw
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default What rear axle

Looking for complete new rear axle assy. for my 94 marathon ezgo all I find is ezgo txt rear axle assy.. Is this the same thing that is under mine and will work or is this not what I am looking for.. Thanks

P.S. Any sites that you all recommend please let me know
racoutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2013, 09:59 PM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What rear axle

You can make it work if you are capable of doing the setup and fabrication.You can use the brackets that are welded to the original Marathon axle,and weld them to the TXT axle-tubes.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:03 PM   #3
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

You can make it work if you are capable of doing the setup and fabrication.You can use the spring-seats that are welded to the original Marathon axle,and weld them to the TXT axle-tubes.Its' definitely not a Bolt-In.As far as I know,all electric Marathon rears are the same,so you can look at more than just 94'.They made some changes,not sure on the electrics as far as when,but I'm pretty sure anything late 80s' to 94' will fit and everything will line up and function properly.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:07 PM   #4
racoutlaw
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

k thanks been looking all over the internet for complete rear axle,faster motor and bigger controller. just need to figure out what size controller it has in it already :)
Thanks again for the input....
Old 12-21-2013, 10:12 PM   #5
racoutlaw
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

looking at this motor

Item Number: 7122

Email this page to a friend

Ez-Go Amd (Advance Motor Design)&Nbsp;High Speed Electric Motor. - - Speeds Up-To 20 Mph. - - This E-Z-Go Motor Has Internal 19 Spline - - No Upgrades Needed Works With Stock Controller. - - 36-Volt (4-Hp @ 4400 Rpm) - Fits All E-Z-Go With Series Electrical Systems 1988 & Up. - &Nbsp; - Not For Use On DCS Or PDS Design Systems. -
Old 12-21-2013, 10:14 PM   #6
racoutlaw
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

This Controller

EZGO Golf Cart Car Curtis Brand 400 Amp Solid State Speed Controller Model Marathon & Universal Solid State 275 Amp.
400 amp, 24-36 volt, Curtis (1205-101), series, long body controller with 4 buss bars, H.P.D. and 0-5k throttle.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:33 PM   #7
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Give Scottyb a call he can hook you up with the right controller package. carts unlimited.
beach cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 11:44 AM   #8
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

not all marathon rears are the same, some are the newer style axle that has the motor right above the axle and most of the older ones have the motor stick out under the seat. whats wrong with your original rear?
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #9
racoutlaw
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Its real noisy like there is a dry bearing in it or something loud enough for me to hear it while riding it. Sounds like it is in the top section of the assy. next to the motor. This on the motor is straight above the axles it is not stuck out under the seat....Guess I can ride it till it quits...
Old 12-24-2013, 05:47 PM   #10
rib33024

take it apart and change the bearings it's not that hard
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO