lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-27-2013, 09:26 AM   #1
Jiba
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Club car precedent I2 controller issue

I am new to this so bare with me. I just bought a 2010 precedent i2 and tried to upgrade the speed but mainly the torque. I bought an alltrax dcx 400motor controller and all the stuff that goes with it (4gauge wires, bigger solenoid). I know that the i2 has had compatibility issues but alltrax and EV drives where I bought it from said it would work....well it doesn't, the accelerator won't engage until it almost hits the floor board. It runs, but not nearly as well. I do like how it disabled the regent brake so I can cost down hills faster. Does anyone know of a upgraded controller that works with this cart and can I just unplug the harness to the engine to disable the regent when I put the original Curtis controller back in?
Jiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-27-2013, 04:09 PM   #2
Jiba
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Club car precedent I2 controller issue

I'm thinking about scrapping the alltrax idea and just going with a plum quick upgrade of my own engine, any thoughts? Will this new motor put to much stress on the stock controller?
Old 12-27-2013, 04:47 PM   #3
cmalberto
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiba View Post
I am new to this so bare with me. I just bought a 2010 precedent i2 and tried to upgrade the speed but mainly the torque. I bought an alltrax dcx 400motor controller and all the stuff that goes with it (4gauge wires, bigger solenoid). I know that the i2 has had compatibility issues but alltrax and EV drives where I bought it from said it would work....well it doesn't, the accelerator won't engage until it almost hits the floor board. It runs, but not nearly as well. I do like how it disabled the regent brake so I can cost down hills faster. Does anyone know of a upgraded controller that works with this cart and can I just unplug the harness to the engine to disable the regent when I put the original Curtis controller back in?
Give Alltrax a call. Is the I2 and Excel cart? If so, I am surprised it works at all. Mine didn't and had to replace the complete wiring harness. That worked but extra bucks.
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:20 PM   #4
Jiba
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

How hard was it to replace the harness? And did the Alltrax controller really step up your performance?
Old 12-27-2013, 11:36 PM   #5
cmalberto
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiba View Post
How hard was it to replace the harness? And did the Alltrax controller really step up your performance?
3It wasn't too bad. Harness ran from the controller all the way up to dash.

And yes the controller is awesome. Great torque which was what I was looking for.
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car