lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2014, 09:15 AM   #21
tculpepper
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Question on what to fix first

If you're going to be putting a lift and bigger tires on it, I would definitely consider swapping over to a controller set up. I have been battling the old speed control studs on my cart. It would arc and weld two together. When it happens to the first two, you have a cart that wants to run any time the F&R switch is in a gear. I have replaced studs and replaced studs. I finally had to remove them and grind flat spots on each side so they would be further apart, although this isn't good for the movable contact. Just as soon as I can afford it, I'm swapping over. Think about these things before you put a whole lot of money into the existing set up. It will also help on battery life too!
tculpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2014, 09:47 AM   #22
BAILEY331
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
its a lot easier than you think......
It just sounds like a pretty big under taking to change everything over to a controller system.
BAILEY331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:08 AM   #23
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Suggest you add battery hold downs to your list. http://www.golfcartking.com/ezgo-bat...arts-s/525.htm
About $18 plus shipping. With seven kids the odds of turning the cart over, even if it is slow, are high. Kids just being kids. You sure don't want those heavy batteries coming out on top of them spilling acid.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 12:22 PM   #24
BAILEY331
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Kernal, I have them. They were just not on when I took the picture.
BAILEY331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:53 PM   #25
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILEY331 View Post
It just sounds like a pretty big under taking to change everything over to a controller system.
Bailey......I have a mechanical background, NOT an electrical one.... After reading the forum for a bit, it was clear to me I needed to upgrade my entire drive system. I tool the time and labeled EVERYTHING, used cable/wire markers so I would know where everything came from and went too. then systematically took it all apart....then upgraded it all. the only thing I didn't replace were the "small" wires. and I mean I replaced EVERYTHING. after it was all done.....it fired right up had has never missed a beat. All if this would not have been possible without the help of the people here, and the vendors that supplied me with the high quality parts (THANKS SCOTTY) and the instructions they provided me with their parts.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:10 PM   #26
kb1sxv
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILEY331 View Post
Just a controller and a pedal box
kb1sxv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:02 PM   #27
tculpepper
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Scotty B has kits that come with everything necessary.
tculpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO