lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2014, 06:13 PM   #1
Fishguy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default '99 ez-go power problem

Hi there, I have a E299 cart. I am having an intermittent problem. It will drive fine and then just cut out. No power at all forward or reverse. Leave it alone(after towing or pushing it home) then it works again... I have looked for loose wiring connections and found none. The lights work and the battery meter works while the cart is inoperable. Two of the three times it happened immediately upon executing a left U turn... Any guidance would be appreciated. It is currently working, I just don't trust it.

Thanks, Tim
Fishguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2014, 07:37 PM   #2
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: '99 ez-go power problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishguy View Post
Hi there, I have a E299 cart. I am having an intermittent problem. It will drive fine and then just cut out. No power at all forward or reverse. Leave it alone(after towing or pushing it home) then it works again... I have looked for loose wiring connections and found none. The lights work and the battery meter works while the cart is inoperable. Two of the three times it happened immediately upon executing a left U turn... Any guidance would be appreciated. It is currently working, I just don't trust it.

Thanks, Tim
Next time out take your volt meter with you. When it quits does the solenoid click or not? Does it make any difference if you make a right hand or left hand U turn? Check voltage to and through the solenoid contacts when it quits...
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 06:55 AM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

An intermittent problem I have is the 4 wire MOLEX plug connecting the throttle cable to the harness. A couple of times a year, I have to unplug and replug it. Easy to check.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:03 AM   #4
Fishguy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well, I thank you all for your advice, it turns out that I had a battery post that had melted and was causing a short. Replaced the batteries and battery cables and she's running better than ever :-)
Fishguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:40 AM   #5
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishguy View Post
Well, I thank you all for your advice, it turns out that I had a battery post that had melted and was causing a short. Replaced the batteries and battery cables and she's running better than ever :-)
Probably a bad connection you overlooked. Bad connections can get red hot under load.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO