lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2014, 07:25 AM   #11
metalmedic
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Controller pedal issues!!! I need help!:crybaby:

I just found out that the controller that he installed is a 1205-117. Is that an acceptable replacement for a 1205-112?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb1sxv View Post
Looks like this one right ? [URL="http://www.fsip.biz/Documents/1204_05.pdf"]

If it does, Read this man. Youll have it figured out in no time. I had a cart that did that, and the guy had the wiper going electricly the wrong way. he must have knocked a few wires loose and put them back on wrong, but that was that case. It may be the same thing or maybe not.
metalmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2014, 12:23 PM   #12
metalmedic
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

So I just found out that the 1205-112 controller is a resistance (0-5k) controller and the 1205-117 uses inductive control (ITS). Can someone explain how this controller is even working at all in my cart? It looks like you should be able to make the change at the pedal somehow. I mean if the signal to the controller is actually backwards, couldn't you just swap the wires from the pedal?
Old 05-27-2014, 04:11 PM   #13
kb1sxv
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

which pedal is in your cart ?
kb1sxv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:38 AM   #14
metalmedic
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

It looks like the current config is the pot is a PB-11 and the controller a 1205-117. I have swapped every wire coming from the pot with no change at all. Still goes full speed at the click of the solenoid and slows as you depress the pedal.

I found a golf cart salvage nearby that said I could come pull a controller for a $100, but I need to make sure that is really what I need.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:13 AM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmedic View Post
It looks like the current config is the pot is a PB-11 and the controller a 1205-117. I have swapped every wire coming from the pot with no change at all. Still goes full speed at the click of the solenoid and slows as you depress the pedal.

I found a golf cart salvage nearby that said I could come pull a controller for a $100, but I need to make sure that is really what I need.
A 1205-117 (ITS throttle) is not going to work right with a PB-11 (0-5k throttle).

I think there is some confusion about what cart you have. Please posts pictures of cart.

If it has a PB-11 installed, it is part of the industrial line rather than the golf cart line.

Just speculating, but it sounds like a PCX-954 (Five Passenger Courtesy Vehicle)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:14 PM   #16
metalmedic
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

johnnieB,

Yes you are correct...this cart is an industrial PCX-956 6 passenger.

I was able to find a Lester 36V charger and I have a question about that also.
When I plug in the charger it makes some clicks and shows some needle deflection and then goes to around 12 amps and slowly drops to around 6 amps. After a couple of hours the meter was reading 0, so I checked the battery voltage with a meter and it reads 39 volts, however when I turn on the key the battery charge indicator only shows about 50%. Are those indicators normally accurate?
Old 05-29-2014, 04:15 PM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
johnnieB,

Yes you are correct...this cart is an industrial PCX-956 6 passenger.

I was able to find a Lester 36V charger and I have a question about that also.
When I plug in the charger it makes some clicks and shows some needle deflection and then goes to around 12 amps and slowly drops to around 6 amps. After a couple of hours the meter was reading 0, so I checked the battery voltage with a meter and it reads 39 volts, however when I turn on the key the battery charge indicator only shows about 50%. Are those indicators normally accurate?
When asking questions, please include the fact that it is a PCX-956, so everybody is on the same page.

Here is a service manual for it.

-------------
Most Lester 36V chargers put out about 25A when they first come on, so at 12A, yours might have a blown diode in it. Or it could be a bad capacitor.

What Model Lester charger? (They are relatively easy to troubleshoot and fix)

------------
If it is a LED Bargraph type meter, I wouldn't trust it any further than I can throw your cart and I can't lift your cart.

Replace it with a DVM type battery meter. This is the one I use: http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Digita...ry_Meters.html

While on the websitem read everything with the word "battery" in the title. Tons of good info.

In the interim, get yourself a handheld DMM, you'll need one if you are planning on maintaining the cart yourself.

A fully charged 36V battery pack measures 38.2V (Trojan batteries) and each 6V battery should read 6.37V, and all six should be within 0.1V of each other.

You read 39V, so you most likely took the voltage reading too soon after the charger shut off. You want to let the batteries rest about 12 hours after the charger shuts off to get an accurate voltage to estimate the SoC (State of Charge)

Here is a SoC chart
Old 05-29-2014, 05:24 PM   #18
metalmedic
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

JohnnieB, you must be an ezgo encyclopedia! Thanks for taking the time to try and help. I guess the ultimate test will come when I finally get to put a load on this cart.

What direction should I go with this controller issue?

Should I just plan on finding a replacement 1205-112 controller? Is there a different controller I should consider?
Old 05-29-2014, 06:11 PM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
JohnnieB, you must be an ezgo encyclopedia! Thanks for taking the time to try and help. I guess the ultimate test will come when I finally get to put a load on this cart.

What direction should I go with this controller issue?

Should I just plan on finding a replacement 1205-112 controller? Is there a different controller I should consider?
Had extensive background in electronics and electromechanical stuff, but nearly all my cart knowledge was gleaned from this forum.

What controller to use is determined by what you are going to use the cart for and how fast you want it to go.

In stock trim and perfect working condition, a PCX-956 does about 12 MPH and has a load capacity of 2,000 pounds (Driver + Pax + cargo)

Personally, I'd toss an Alltrax SPM48500 in it (500A user programmable controller) and Super-duty (400A/1000A) solenoid. That would make going to a higher voltage battery pack (for more speed and torque) at a later date just a matter of installing the higher voltage battery pack and getting a charger that matches the pack voltage.

Check out package #485 on this page: http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Custom_Options.html

That page also gives a good overview of the things to consider while selecting a controller/solenoid, but remember it is based on building golf carts rather than industrial carts. However, most of it applies.

Best advice is to give Scotty at Carts Unlimited a call, he has a cart similar to what you have.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:11 PM   #20
metalmedic
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I'll see if I can get ahold of Scotty! As far as my intentions for the cart go, probably wil keep it mostly stock, something for me and the grand kids to put around on. I might consider a lift and larger tires. I just need to get the pedal/controller issues figured out first.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO