lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2014, 09:19 PM   #1
MarkMN
Not Yet Wild

Default Power Wise 28115-G01 not working.

Hello, my first post here.

I have the 28115-G01 charger. I used it this winter to charge up the batteries and it worked fine. When I went to use it a couple weeks ago it was dead. The fuse and both diodes are good, the transformer ohms out good. I jump across the 2 black wires on the relay it comes to life. So following the troubleshooting chart in the manual I order a new control card, assuming the relay is bad. I get the new card, which replaces the 2 cards and no change. It works if I jump across the relay. But now I don't think it's the relay since both relays probably aren't bad. For a relay to close it needs to be energized, so I'm thinking it's not getting energized. Does the auxiliary tab in the plug to the cart provide the voltage to energize the relay? It is the red wire in the cart plug cable and it plugs into the black wire from the new style card. I do have continuity from the tab in the plug to the card, but i am wondering if the tab maybe just needs to be adjusted to make better contact.

I am at home with the charger and the cart is 80 miles away at my cabin so I can not test out my theory till I go back up next weekend. BTW, the battery voltage is 34.5 VDC.

Thanks in advance for any help provided,
Mark
MarkMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2014, 09:42 PM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Power Wise 28115-G01 not working.

Check out YouTube
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:51 PM   #3
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMN View Post
I am at home with the charger and the cart is 80 miles away at my cabin so I can not test out my theory till I go back up next weekend. BTW, the battery voltage is 34.5 VDC.

Thanks in advance for any help provided,
Mark
those batteries are dead !!!!
clip has to contact the pin to turn on charger ... great video !!
here is a state of charge chart
Old 05-27-2014, 07:57 AM   #4
MarkMN
Not Yet Wild

I did watch that video, that's why I replaced the card first. The voltage on the clip must be what energizes the relay and closes it. I'm thinking my first card is probably fine and the problem is the clip not making contact with the battery voltage when I plug it in. I knew the problem could of been the relay not being energized, but without a circuit diagram and everything else I read or watched telling me the relay on the card is bad, I replaced it.

Hopefully my batteries haven't suffered to much. The golf cart had came with my cabin when I bought it last fall so this is my first time messing with it. I had been messing with it at the cabin, and then looking for info when I got home. I finally brought it back with me and this should fix it.

Thanks,
Mark
Old 05-27-2014, 09:06 AM   #5
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You may have to run the charger with the relay jumped for a half hour or so to get the batteries up enough to start the charger in automatic mode. Try this and see if the charger operates normally. Yes, your batteries will have been damaged! How much is hard to say. Once you have your charger working normally, follow this sequence from "scottyb's" break in procedure. It will help to return your batteries to the best state they will be.
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Batter...n_Methods.html
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:23 AM   #6
MarkMN
Not Yet Wild

A follow-up. The problem was the clip in the plug that plugs into the cart. The voltage to close the relay comes thru that clip. If it's not making contact, the relay doesn't energize and close. So, if you don't hear that click when you plug the charger into the cart, it doesn't always mean that the card in the charger is bad. It might mean that the relay isn't clicking because there is no voltage to energize it.

I plugged the charger into the cart, it turned on and I left it on till it shut off. But it rained all weekend so I didn't get a chance to drive the cart around.

Thanks for the help in getting the problem sorted out.

Mark
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO