lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2014, 01:00 PM   #1
M_Arc1
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default TXT (PDS) diagnostic beep 1-2?

04 cart with new batteries and no go! Push petal and i can hear the micro switch but not solenoid. Checked harness for continuity and its good micro switch goes open to closed. Not sure what to look for on ITS and i did notice that solenoid has no resister or diode... Just bought the cart and the and guy says "just needs batteries" and this was true but there had been some trouble before as the controller has refurbish sticker. Is there a good process of elimination to determine the problem that doesn't require a lot of disassembling?
M_Arc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2014, 08:36 AM   #2
jetfan1950
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: TXT (PDS) diagnostic beep 1-2?

The 2-1 code is Low Battery. What's the reading of your pack voltage? If you check out my post "2001 Electric PDS gets only 5 mph", you can see all the checks recommended by the experts on this page. I'm still working through my issue but the guys on here will continue to work with you until your issue is resolved. Just have patience as they have a life outside this forum. In the meantime run through the checks from my post and you'll be ready for more tests if needed.
jetfan1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:05 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sometimes you will get this code if the solenoid does not activate.

Use this diagram to determine where the solenoid activation circuit stops working.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg #2 Ezgo PDS solenoid activation diagram.jpg (142.4 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:11 PM   #4
M_Arc1
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks scottyb and jetfan!
Old 06-10-2014, 07:05 PM   #5
M_Arc1
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Every thing looks good to solenoid! Pulled a Grizwald and jumped the Battery+ to controller side of solenoid and nothing happened. Left to believe that controller is bad... Now the question is alltrax dcx400 or refurb 1206MX-4301?
Also what solenoid? As mine didn't have resistor or diode which means pitted or worse?
Really looking for upgradability in the future but close to stock is fine for now. Things like larger Awg cables and heavy duty solenoid now verses later make sense right? Or does these items affect longevity on a stock motor?

Side note I like the 1206mx design for this reason: The "chip" for freedom setting would allow me to install a single pole double throw key switch to limit cart speed with kids and still give me the extra mph's when i really need to get to the clubhouse.

FYI: I have brand new Batteries 215ah I believe they are made by Deka at least the MSDS has an address of Deka rd. "Duracell Procell"
Old 06-11-2014, 07:31 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The DCX400 will up the cart speed to about 24 MPH on 36V and stock height (18") tires. The top speed can be lowered, but has to be done with a laptop, so having a Child/Adult switch isn't possible.

The remanufactured 1206MX-4301 from FSIP is a 350A controller, so it will give you a little more low end torque and might not slow down as much going uphill.

Only a SPST switch is needed to change to Mild Hill or Steep Hill PDS modes with a Freedom chip installed. To get to the All Terrain (slowest) mode, you need a DPST switch, or two SPST (which would give you the option of all four PDS modes).

If your high current cables are the original ones, they definitely need to be replaced, all 10 of them. 4Ga or heavier.

Same with the solenoid. Stock is only 85A. Go to 200A or heavier. If you suspect you may up the battery pack voltage to 42V or 48V at a later date, go to the Super-Duty (400A) solenoid Scottyb sells. It works at 36V, 42V and 48V.

Going big on the cables and solenoid won't harm the stock motor, they just make the inefficient stock amp delivery system more efficient.

PDS carts came from the factory with the resistor installed, but no diode. It should have both installed.

A stock PDS motor is fine with a DCX400 at 36V, 42V or 48V. Just keep the max RPM below about 6,500, which is about 28.5 MPH on stock height tires.

Your batteries are a little undersized (stock is 225AH), so your run-time will be a little shorter and the batteries won't last as long, but performance will be about the same.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
no go
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO