lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2014, 08:31 PM   #1
cheapthrill
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default First time break down

i've got a 1996 DCS cart with alltrax controller and 48 volts. Never had an issue well at the campground left the cart out in the rain overnight and hopped on it in the morning drove 500ft. then it stopped. Only works in reverse if the shifter is forward it goes in reverse if the shifter is in reverse it also goes in reverse. Water damage??? What should I check??? Light on the controller look green.
cheapthrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2014, 09:45 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: First time break down

F&R switch likely has water in it, let it dry and it will probably be fine. Might wanna try to figure out a way to keep water out of switch in the future.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:48 PM   #3
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

I agree, the same thing has happened to me before after I got a little rambunctious while washing the cart. Waiting for it to dry out will probably cure it right up, but if you're in a hurry a shot of WD-40 should get you going again.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 05:52 AM   #4
cheapthrill
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks guys thats what i was thinking too. its going to sit all week hopefully it'll be fine next weekend
Old 06-10-2014, 09:50 AM   #5
jhnmflr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

if you have access to a compressor just blow it all out. Happens to me all the time :)
jhnmflr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:03 AM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapthrill View Post
Thanks guys thats what i was thinking too. its going to sit all week hopefully it'll be fine next weekend
just don't wait till the weekend to find out its something else.....check it during the week so if it is ok, which it should be, you will already know when the weekend comes and you are READY TO ROLL!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:50 PM   #7
NoBullBarry
Not Yet Wild

Spray it real good with WD40. It is a water displacement spray and should solve your problem.
NoBullBarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:51 PM   #8
cheapthrill
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
just don't wait till the weekend to find out its something else.....check it during the week so if it is ok, which it should be, you will already know when the weekend comes and you are READY TO ROLL!

I would love to look at it but it at the campground in the barn 2 hrs. away. Won't see it again til Fri. Drove in there in Reverse and parked it If all else fails I will ride my quads for the weekend til I can get it fixed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO