lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2014, 10:58 AM   #1
josh843
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default More rxv questions

i was wondering if what would happen if say i added 2 more 12v (golf cart of course) batteries to my stock rxv?? it has the freedom program already and has 23" tires, would this even be possible with the stock rxv controller and motor? i know all the jazz about charging the extra batteries, i just want to know if this is even possible? thanks guys!
josh843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2014, 11:40 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: More rxv questions

Stock RXV is a 48 volt AC drive system. It would not like the 24 volts and probably fry itself. Not something you want to do as that controller is expensive...
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:42 PM   #3
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Stock RXV is a 48 volt AC drive system. It would not like the 24 volts and probably fry itself. Not something you want to do as that controller is expensive...
don't try that josh !!!!
Jd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:53 PM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

If you try it, be sure you have the video camera running.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:43 PM   #5
Paul08RXV
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

YES - echo the same it's 48 or burn - just keep your batteries/cables secure and in top shape

So - a little hijack now...

I see you have 23 inch tires and 19mph freedom mode set...

---- What was the effect on acceleration and hill climbing torque when you made these changes?

---- I was thinking about 21 inch VX tires on 12inch rims with no lift - OR - 23 inch VX tires on 12inch rims with a 3inch lift... thoughts anyone?

AND Thanks to everyone here - I have learned so much on my way to modding my cart !!!
Paul08RXV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:02 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul08RXV View Post
YES - echo the same it's 48 or burn - just keep your batteries/cables secure and in top shape

---- What was the effect on acceleration and hill climbing torque when you made these changes?

---- I was thinking about 21 inch VX tires on 12inch rims with no lift - OR - 23 inch VX tires on 12inch rims with a 3inch lift... thoughts anyone?

AND Thanks to everyone here - I have learned so much on my way to modding my cart !!!
I have done this, it works great in soupy wash sand and general off-road use, climbing is good for stock (not mind-blowing). Just be sure to have a little momentum on steep stuff, as low end grunt is not the same as a big series motor. The stock system is impressive for totally stock, there is or was no stock system i have seen that is better in untouched stock configuration (which is good, because there are no upgrades available yet). If you get your dealer to turn acceleration setting to max, the system feels torquier (more "punch").
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:54 AM   #7
josh843
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul08RXV View Post

I bought the cart already programmed and with the 23" tires and 6" lift, it goes right at 27-28mph according to iphone gps, haven't driven a stock one with stock tires so I can't say really. I can say with the bigger tires and freedom program it can climb very steep hills and even steeper with just me (180 lbs) plus extra aux battery, I just want more!!!!! Its more than enough if you're just going to fart around neighborhoods and trails, but I kinda have an unspoken competition with two of my buddies that have all kinds of stuff done to their club cars... 10" lift one has 32 swappers and the other has 30 UTV tires and plum quick motors and programmable controllers etc... I just want to find a way to keep up with them, they claim to be running low 30's, I just can't decide if I want to give up torque with gears.... as that's basically my only choice. I discussed briefly with cgtech, about turning up the acceleration to max with gears to compensate for low end torque loss, but I love in a rural area with no close dealers and I'm not paying 4-500 dollars to turn up acceleration.
josh843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:20 AM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I also had the 21inch VXs and it ran 23-24ish. Cart pulled well but did lose a little torque. I just didn't want to push the controller too much as they are expensive to replace..
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO