lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2014, 01:04 PM   #21
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV F/R Question

Yurtle, you were definitely on to something. I spoke with the factory tech today and he explained the system in the RXV. The backup buzzer comes off of the controller and must have continuity for the cart to function. The software actually checks for the buzzer when the switch is moved from off to any position. Essentially troubleshooting would entail the following steps: 1. The buzzer itself. 2. Wiring harness from the buzzer to controller. 3. Controller software (there is no micro switch as with other EZ-GO models. With this in mind I started with the buzzer (the new one installed the other day). The tech dropped in a different buzzer than the OEM for an RXV. Ordinarily probably no big deal but this one mounts with only one tab and screw while the OEM has two mounting tabs. So, the new buzzer was moving around a bit as the cart bounced on terrain -- which put a strain on the connection -- which caused one of the blade connectors to bend slightly and cause the buzzer not to sound. Tweaking the blade connection restored the buzzer. It is now obnoxious as heck. Anyway, I appreciate the help from the forum and was able to learn a little more about this particular cart.
oldnavycdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2014, 01:14 PM   #22
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Kewl. Strange that the old one had the same symptoms.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:31 PM   #23
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes, it is. The unit is mounted to a plastic cover that also holds the run/tow switch underneath the seat. This cover is held in place by 3 plastic rivet fasteners but my cart came with only one. The tech says that those rivets don't hold up and wasn't concerned about replacing them. It is possible that this cover bounces around a bit and thus puts strain on the electrical connections. But, that is just a guess. It is just as possible that these buzzers are really cheaply made and have a high failure rate. Time will tell. But, I'm less concerned now that I understand how this is linked into the cart's systems.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:46 PM   #24
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I work at a ezgo dealer, and have seen a near zero failure rate on the reverse buzzers (maybe one). Rxv/2five is our best selling model, then yamaha drive, then ezgo TXT (very low volume).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:28 PM   #25
oldnavycdr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

It seems odd to me, too given the simplicity of a buzzer. All I know is that on the 2nd one tweaking the spade connection brought it to full voice. The OEM has the wire connections internal to the buzzer so I don't exactly know what went wrong with that one.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO