lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2014, 10:32 AM   #1
Mileslord
Not Yet Wild

Default 2002 CC DS Charging problems

I am have a problem with 2 2002 cc ds carts. I can't get them to charge!

1.the first thing that was replaced was the batteries, because the the tech (car dealer tech just to be clear) said they were junk. so I replaced them with the same trojan batteries.

2.batteries installed but the charger does not turn on and after inquiring with the shop techs I am told the charger got very hot and quit working last year, so I start searching for a replacement charger or a rebuild kit for the current powerdrive 2 charger (22110) we have. I order the rebuild kit from ebay for $30 and install it into the charger, still does not turn on when plugged in.

3.investigate different forums about the charger and we determine that the best route to go is a new charger, so I order a DPI 48v 15a charger. charger arrives and plug the charger in, still no love charger does not turn on.

4.at this point it has to be a internal problem in the cart, but the same problem with both carts?

5.I preform a OBC reset with no success, no reverse buzzer and no change in the ablity to take a charge on both carts.

6.I start to ask questions about the care of the carts and find out that the salesmen here started to use the automotive charger on boost to charge the carts with the previous battery pack, and they have already drained the new batteries I just installed before I could get a charge on the new battery pack.. morons just making my task even harder.

7.next was to bypass the obc by linking the grey fused wire to the battery pack, no success on both carts.

I am now at a brick wall on what to do or try and I have tried to document all of the steps I have taken (I may have missed something)

here are the sn# for both carts
1.aq0241-212676
2.aq0241-212702

If any one can give me some advise on how to proceed or what to try next I would be very grateful.
Mileslord is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2014, 11:11 AM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: 2002 CC DS Charging problems

have you checked the ac outlet ? plug into another one to see if charger comes on
Old 08-01-2014, 12:04 PM   #3
Mileslord
Not Yet Wild

Yes, I have tried multiple outlets on different circuits in the shop
-Miles
Old 08-01-2014, 12:06 PM   #4
Mileslord
Not Yet Wild

both carts would work when we installed the new batteries, but they will not charge
Old 08-01-2014, 12:28 PM   #5
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

This will sound too simple, but sometimes when people change batteries, the red charging lead that goes from the back of the charger socket to the last positive battery post, falls down out-of-sight near the bottom battery frame, and never gets hooked back up. Its not that - is it?
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 02:22 PM   #6
Mileslord
Not Yet Wild

Nope, all the wiring is correct according to the wiring diagrams
Old 08-01-2014, 02:24 PM   #7
Mileslord
Not Yet Wild

now could have the salesman blew out some components for the charging system when they attached the 12v charger to the batteries on the boost setting?
Old 08-01-2014, 02:36 PM   #8
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

So You are now using a DPI charger? If so, is that the smart charger model or the a version similar to the powerdrive charger?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:06 PM   #9
Mileslord
Not Yet Wild

DPI model #1-48015-04

here is a link to the charger's page
https://dpipower.com/store/products/...harger-23.html

Last edited by Mileslord; 08-01-2014 at 03:14 PM.. Reason: add web link
Old 08-01-2014, 03:41 PM   #10
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

That is the "non smart" model, so it needs the OBC to work.
If the OBC is not working, in addition to jump the "sense wire" to negative, You will also need to run a 10ga wire from the back of the charger socket directly to pack negative.
If that makes it work, then the SCR in the OBC that controls the charging current is bad and the OBC needs to be replaced or you will need to get a smart charger.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car