lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2014, 08:38 AM   #1
Kermit8matt
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 400 Amp solenoid?

I've been looking at upgrading to a 400 Amp HD solenoid to go with my Plum Quick Bandit. Is there anything gained by just these two upgrades without upgrading the controller as well?
This is what I'm looking at for my 07 Precedent
http://www.eastcoastcarts.com/catalo...arts/30912.htm
Kermit8matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2014, 09:09 AM   #2
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 400 Amp solenoid?

Nothing will be gained but nothing will be lost in that WHEN you decide to upgrade your controller your solenoid will already be up to snuff.... A Bandit motor was designed to work well within the stock parameters but can/will perform even better once your able to give it more power WHEN it demands it. Think of bigger cables as bigger pipes, think of a solenoid as an on/off valve, and the controller as a throttling valve. Alone each can do very little to improve performance but when all are combined together then you got something....

Until all are upgraded each acts as a bottleneck in the power delivery...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:36 AM   #3
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

I think Scotty's is a 400/1000 amp solenoid that I used. Remember these solenoids require larger wire lug holes.

M
InVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:10 PM   #4
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

buy it from scottyb here at : http://www.cartsunlimited.net/
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:11 PM   #5
stang99x
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
Nothing will be gained but nothing will be lost in that WHEN you decide to upgrade your controller your solenoid will already be up to snuff.... A Bandit motor was designed to work well within the stock parameters but can/will perform even better once your able to give it more power WHEN it demands it. Think of bigger cables as bigger pipes, think of a solenoid as an on/off valve, and the controller as a throttling valve. Alone each can do very little to improve performance but when all are combined together then you got something....

Until all are upgraded each acts as a bottleneck in the power delivery...
A pretty good analogy. Same principle as a gas engine. Adding a higher flowing intake does nothing if the exhaust remains the same. Giant air pump is all an engine is...more in without more out means no real change. Bigger solenoid like a bigger throttle body, bigger wires like a bigger exhaust, and the controller would be like forced induction
stang99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:20 PM   #6
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang99x View Post
A pretty good analogy. Same principle as a gas engine. Adding a higher flowing intake does nothing if the exhaust remains the same. Giant air pump is all an engine is...more in without more out means no real change. Bigger solenoid like a bigger throttle body, bigger wires like a bigger exhaust, and the controller would be like forced induction
Funny that you mention that... I was not even 17 when my older brother explained the basic's of how electrical stuff worked to me in plumbing terms...

RIP my brother I've not forgotten you for a day....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:23 PM   #7
stang99x
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
Funny that you mention that... I was not even 17 when my older brother explained the basic's of how electrical stuff worked to me in plumbing terms...

RIP my brother I've not forgotten you for a day....
It's a very effective analogy. Works well with the Keep It Simple Stupid method. And although I have no knowledge on the topic, I will second the RIP to your brother....
stang99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car