lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2021, 02:16 PM   #1
kevinmoore73
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Precedent Voltage Reducer - Sanity Check

Hello,

I purchased a 2017 Precedent a couple months ago and have been lurking on this forum ever since. It's been super helpful! I replaced the front and rear leaf springs (HD in the rear), all bushings, added a 1" leveling block, and put a voltage meter in the dash - all based on what I learned from this forum.

My cart came with LED lights that are powered by two of my six batteries. The negative is plugged into the black/yellow bullet connector and the positive is connected to the positive terminal two batteries over. I would like to do this the correct way and use the whole pack. I bought an OEM voltage reducer from my local Club Car dealer. It came with a harness that attaches to the bucket harness and my lights. I will install the reducer in the factory location up in the front end of the cart.

My question is this - After installing this, do I simply move the positive wire from the bucket harness over to the blue pigtail on the B+ terminal of my pack? (I believe this is what I need to do, and am planning to test the voltage at the light switch for 12V before turning on the lights.)

Thanks for your help!
kevinmoore73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car