lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2009, 07:31 PM   #1
shadrack
Not Yet Wild

Default 91 ez-go just wont go...very long.

please excuse my ignorance while embarking on this journey into the unknown. i have read all the "newbie" wiring/charging stuff and am still in need of a bit of help. my shop owns a 91 (according to the year chart provided on this forum) ezgo and it runs great for about 3 minutes. I am in the process now of individually charging the batteries with an automotive charger which might very well fix the problem (they seem ot have misplaced the cart charger). about a year ago it got a bit hot under the seat....well let me be honest it kinda caught fire....it didnt burn for long at all seeing as how i was sitting on it when it happened and needless to say got the fire extinguisher pretty quick. i have since replaced all the wiring and had it to a shop that "got it running again". they did get it running but obviously didnt run it for long. as i say the batteries are charging as we speak and hopefully that takes care of the problem but i am definately open to suggestions on what to look for in the meantime. i am also gonna need to get a charger for it as well if anyone has any suggestions there...thanks for the help!
shadrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2009, 09:13 PM   #2
shadrack
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 91 ez-go just wont go...very long.

let me elaborate....runs great for about three minutes before slowly running out of power as if the batteries are dying. when it wont move anymore and the pedal is still down it clicks between the batteries where all the "mechanics" are (almost like a relay click). after about ten minutes you can repeat the process and it seems like that could be done infinitely....any suggestions? 91 ezgo, battery powered with 6 batteries (assuming 36 volt)
shadrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:33 PM   #3
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 91 ez-go just wont go...very long.

Replace the batteries with good ones...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:55 PM   #4
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: 91 ez-go just wont go...very long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
Replace the batteries with good ones...
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO