lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-28-2019, 03:18 PM   #1
Patrick Macdonell
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G29 controller and motor upgrade

Just installed new motor and alltrax controller. All connections made per alltrax installation manual. I have double and triple checked my connections. I turned on the switch and got nothing. The solenoid does not make the clicking sound that indicates it is working. The indicator light on the controller does not come on. Batteries are brand new Trojans and fully charged. Is it possible that I got a bad controller. The cart ran fine until the motor failed. Any one have any thoughts on what I might check?
Patrick Macdonell is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2019, 04:14 PM   #2
BGoat
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Yamaha G29 controller and motor upgrade

I'm just a newby here, and am guessing. Run/tow switch in tow? Bad on/off switch?
BGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 05:41 PM   #3
Patrick Macdonell
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply, jumped both switches, “nada”!
Old 04-28-2019, 05:44 PM   #4
Patrick Macdonell
Not Yet Wild

Even after motor went tits up had the solenoid still clicking before upgrade, thanks BGoat
Old 04-28-2019, 05:44 PM   #5
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Have you tried plugging it into a computer?
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 07:14 PM   #6
Patrick Macdonell
Not Yet Wild

Just found my printer cable. Will down load tool kit and check it out tomorrow. Thanks BBBHC for your response.
Old 04-28-2019, 07:18 PM   #7
Patrick Macdonell
Not Yet Wild

BBBHC you have the same controller, solenoid and cabling I just installed. Sounds like I made a good choice if I can get my problems rectified! Thanks again.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:31 PM   #8
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had about zero electrical knowledge when I started my build. The Alltrax install was easy for me. If you triple checked your wiring, and not getting any life, I'd bet it's either the solenoid or controller that is a problem.

Plugging the controller in will at least get you started to troubleshoot. Since we have different makes of carts there might be some differences.

Make sure you do not let the printer cable touch anything when plugged into the controller. That would void the warranty if it were to short out. Maybe post some pictures of your wiring as well if you can. Someone on here will be able to help if there is anything not related to a faulty part.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 08:23 AM   #9
Patrick Macdonell
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the feed back, checked the solenoid coil and it engages, will be checking the controller this morning.
Old 04-29-2019, 03:30 PM   #10
Patrick Macdonell
Not Yet Wild

Down loaded toolkit and booted the controller. Everything looks good with the alltrax. It shows everything off with the key switch on and the tow run switch in the run position. I’ve checked both switches for continuity and they are good.
The schematic shows a 3 amp fuse in the key switch circuit but the only one I can find is a 15 amp fuse in the battery compartment and it is good. Looks like an open circuit somewhere in the wiring harness. I wonder if it would be easier to replace the wiring harness than try to track down the fault. Any suggestions?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha