lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2009, 10:25 PM   #41
texasranger225
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 87 CC Gasser - New Life to an Old Cart

I am way down south in Mission Texas, right next to McAllen in the Rio Grande Valley. But I could take a drive up your way on a Saturday, I have family in Houston that I could go visit and pick up the engine if the price is right. hey Walmart has some pretty nice lights for a decent price. thats where I purchased the small chrome light for my cart. I also placed them on the engine guard on my Harley. they are bright and pretty nice looking
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart2.jpg (70.7 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by texasranger225; 04-30-2009 at 10:34 PM.. Reason: add pic
texasranger225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2009, 09:13 AM   #42
Cessna75
Getting Wild

Club Car

John - Thanks for the heads up on the fuel tank. Its looking much better cleaned up so I probably wouldn't be happy with a half painted red tank with paint chips everywhere! I'll can that project and get back to cleaning up the front end pieces.
Cessna75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:15 AM   #43
Cessna75
Getting Wild

Club Car

TexasRanger - Is that a Springer Softail? Kinda hard to make it out fully on the Avitar image. Sweet ride from what I can see. Let me know next time you're coming up the Houston way. My little league schedule should me slowing down after May so hopefully I'll be around more on the weekends. We'll PM on a price that works for you.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:27 AM   #44
Cessna75
Getting Wild

Club Car

After a good soaking with the Liquid Wrench I started smacking on the bolts holding the tie-rod ball joints. I kept the nut on the end right about flush with the end of the bolt and tried hold a board up as well, but could seem to get a good smack on it, so I started hitting it right on the nuts (lol). After quite a while of constant smacking they finally popped loose. I don't think it was the force as much as it was the persistance that did the trick because I couldn't really get a good swing on the bolt for the steering rack ball joint, but constant tapping did the trick.

TADAA!!!!!

I would have taken the rest off last night but after mowing the lawn after work I was exhausted! I have to go into work over the weekend but hope to find some time to tear the rest off and get to preping the metal and shining up the aluminum. Also hoping to hear from Tom today about my driven clutch, I checked the UPS tracking and see it was delivered. Woo Hoo!
Old 05-01-2009, 09:31 AM   #45
Cessna75
Getting Wild

Club Car

Does anyone know where to find these replacement rubber boots for the steering stuff? I've been cruising the sponsor sites but maybe I'm not looking in the right place or for the right thing.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:41 AM   #46
Cessna75
Getting Wild

Club Car

Lots and Lots of Liquid Wrench - I swear by this stuff. Here I'm soaking the leaf spring and steering bolts. If something looks really bad, I'll soak it over night and hit it a few more times the next day before I start cranking on them.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:42 AM   #47
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

There is a long and a short boot. They are a Dealer or a Nivel part that any sponsor can order
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:13 AM   #48
texasranger225
Getting Wild

Club Car

Hey cessna, was the the ball joints you were having so much trouble with. When I did mine, I went to my local AutoZone and borrowed a fork looking thing designed to separate ball joints. worked great. Just took about 2 or 3 times with the hammer and wala......ball joint was out.

by the way that is my Harley Davidson Springer better known as the CrossBones FLSTSB model. I have changed the blacked out look into a more chrome and black look. I sold my 2002 Road King and bought this Softail. Its great although the ride is not as confi as my Road King.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bike1.jpg (70.9 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by texasranger225; 05-01-2009 at 12:57 PM.. Reason: add pic
texasranger225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:38 AM   #49
Cessna75
Getting Wild

Club Car

Woo Hoo! Finally found some time to get back to working on the cart. Here I was able to get the rest of the front suspension off the fram as well as the steering gear box assembly.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:42 AM   #50
Cessna75
Getting Wild

Club Car

Next thing to go were the dash cups. After taking out the screws for the cup holders and drilling out the old rivets, they popped right out. I have some better looking black ones I got in that hodge-podge of used parts I picked up earlier. As soon as I hit them with the Back-to-Black I'll stick them in.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car