lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2020, 11:25 AM   #1
SailorKJ
Not Yet Wild

Default EZ GO ID Question

I just purchased this cart yesterday and I am trying to get a good ID on it so I know exactly what I am working on.

A 403

This is what is on the tag.

THANKS
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E-Z-GO Tag.jpg (197.3 KB, 0 views)
SailorKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2020, 11:38 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: EZ GO ID Question

2003. Something. More pics?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 11:58 AM   #3
SailorKJ
Not Yet Wild

No problem. What would you like to see? BTW I am in Greenwood. Only about 1 hour from you.
Old 08-20-2020, 12:18 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Under the seat will tell the drive system. If it has a run/tow switch it is a sepex drive. Dash, cowl and overall cart pics will tell the rest. I know the Lowes in Greenwood very well due to the lake place on Greenwood.
Old 08-21-2020, 10:02 AM   #5
SailorKJ
Not Yet Wild

Here are a few pictures. I ordered tires right away and are picking them up today. It rode like a tractor with those tires. There is no Run / Tow switch. Batteries are 12/18 and seem to be fine when I check the voltage but she is SLOW up hills. That is what I am trying to track down once I figure out exactly what I am working with.

Funny we live at lake Greenwood. In Ninety Six actually. We spend allot of time on the water.

Thanks

KJ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cart.jpg (8.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Controler.jpg (219.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Battery tray.jpg (204.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-21-2020, 10:48 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Series cart, probably 250 amp controller with looks to be 6ga cables. Not going to be a speed demon. Replace cables with at least 4ga and that will help with climbing. After you have climbed a hill see if you can find a warm spot in the main cables.

So Ninety Six near the state park. We are down on the Chappells end on Scurry Island.. Second to last big cove on the left.
Old 08-21-2020, 11:05 PM   #7
webwarmiller
Not Yet Wild

A basic Series cart. Not a Freedom model as I don't see any of the factory accessory 12v wiring. Mine is a '96 Series Freedom and even with brand new Trojans it's slow up hills. Those larger diameter wheels definitely aren't helping your cause in that regard.
webwarmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 09:24 AM   #8
SailorKJ
Not Yet Wild

KGSC Thanks

I pulled a big hill then felt the cables. Definately warm but they are 4ga. At least the battery cables are, the cables to the motor seem smaller and are not marked that I can read. We had 4 people on it pulling the same hill and I could smell the heat / electricity.

I will probably take it to the local cart guy and have him diagnose it for me. I can fix pretty much anything once I know what the problem is I just don't want to waste a bunch of time and money chasing down the problem.

Not looking to make a rocket out of it but it needs to be stronger than it is for sure.

We live up just past Goat island coming from your way. Pontoon with green top and american flag. Usually have a golden retriver on the boat with us.

KJ
Old 08-23-2020, 09:38 AM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If you can smell it something is definitely getting warm. Could be motor, FnR or controller. May want to put a volt meter on the batteries as well to check how far the voltage is dropping under load. I will keep an eye out for the toon.
Old 08-23-2020, 12:14 PM   #10
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

If you can smell electricity, hopefully you can sniff out the places it leaks from. You would make a fortune "sniffing out electrical problems"! I would suggest not sniffing too close to spark plug wires, if you sniff out the leak, its gonna hurt!
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO