lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2012, 04:35 PM   #1
jws84_02
Not Yet Wild

Default 89 clutch pulling.. Help!!!

I was pulling the clutch. I got the 6" bolt out. I went on to use a 3/4 fine thread bolt and a 1/2" rod. Well, I stripped the fine threads. Now what do u experts suggest I do.

Thanks for the help in advance
jws84_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2012, 07:19 AM   #2
racin161
Gone Wild

Default Re: 89 clutch pulling.. Help!!!

Do you have the engine out or is it still in the cart ? At this point the only solution I would have is to remove the clutch cover to expose the clutch shaft get a 3/4 fine thread nut and a new bolt/weld the nut to the end of the clutch shaft over the old clutch threads and a bit longer rod. You can use the bolt to make sure the nut is centered with the old threads while tacking the nut into place then after tacking the nut remove the bolt and weld it.Apply antiseeze to the bolt and give it another try. This would be my only shot without destroying the clutch to get it off.

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO