lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2013, 03:11 PM   #1
justicedealt
Not Yet Wild

Default G16 starter question

Okay, so my G16 would'nt start, just clicked. I got to looking and found that the cable that is connected to the post on the bottom side of the starter was loose. No problem right? Grabbed the 8mm, and went to tighted the nut up, and the post broke. I am trying to jb weld the connector to what is left of the post, but do not know if that is going to work. I just got this cart last week, and I think that cable has been loose a quite a while, because it looks like all the threads were melted off from arching. So, I have a question...

Am I doomed here if the jb weld doesn't hold? Can you replace the post? Thanks...
justicedealt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #2
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 starter question

Quote:
Originally Posted by justicedealt View Post
Okay, so my G16 would'nt start, just clicked. I got to looking and found that the cable that is connected to the post on the bottom side of the starter was loose. No problem right? Grabbed the 8mm, and went to tighted the nut up, and the post broke. I am trying to jb weld the connector to what is left of the post, but do not know if that is going to work. I just got this cart last week, and I think that cable has been loose a quite a while, because it looks like all the threads were melted off from arching. So, I have a question...

Am I doomed here if the jb weld doesn't hold? Can you replace the post? Thanks...
I think you might be able to replace that post........... ill wait for the smarter people to answer that. But, if u cant replace or repair the post, a new s/g isnt that un-reasonable at 100.00 to 150.00.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:11 PM   #3
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Take the starter to an Starter/Alternator shop,I'm sure they will fix it fairly cheap,and you could have it checked out while its' there(bearings,brushes,etc..).You can't JB-Weld the stud,it won't conduct or hold for that matter.It needs to be fixed properly.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:45 PM   #4
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Pachanga has the best answer for a good and permanent repair !! However, another option for repair (if there are any threads left under the nut) would be to use a coupling nut in place of the nut that should already be there. Then insert a threaded stud into the other end of the coupling nut for making the final connection. Here is a site showing what I mean by 'coupling nut".

http://catalog.zipbolts.com/viewitem...and-inch-sizes

Good luck - RAY

Last edited by bigstik40; 03-10-2013 at 08:09 PM.. Reason: corrected
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha