lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2022, 10:18 PM   #1
Bowman83
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Question 36v to 48v conversion info and how to

Hello all. This is my first post so bare with me.

I have a 2007 ezgo txt 36v. My batteries are getting old and need to be replaced. I am interested in converting it to 48v using the Navitas 48V EzGo TXT DC to AC Motor and Controller Conversion Kit with Programmer. I was also going to convert it to lithium batteries but I just can't afford all of that right now. Maybe down the road.

My questions are as follows
1. Is there anything other than the kit listed above and new batteries that I need for this conversion?
2. Are there any modifications I would have to make to the cart itself? ie the frame around the motor or the battery tray. (I have 6x6v batteries right now. Thinking for getting 6x8v)
3. Does anyone know of a good brand of lead acid batteries that won't break the bank?

To anyone that replies thanks in advance for the help and information that you may provide. It is much appreciated.
Bowman83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 04:21 AM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36v to 48v conversion info and how to

You'll need a new charger and solenoid as well.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 07:18 AM   #3
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36v to 48v conversion info and how to

I converted my 2003 36 volt series to 48 volt Navitas and I'm not sere of exactly what you have. On mine, I needed a F/R switch (SPDT) which I mounted over the hole where the original lever was, right by my right knee. I also needed a run/tow (SPST) switch because mine never used one. I extended the wires from the harness for this and mounted it on the dash. I used a heavy duty solenoid which I sourced from ScottyB. I needed a new battery charger and after a little problem I had I ended up with a Lester Summit II which works great. As for batteries, you get what you pay for. I had 6-6 volt Trojan T-105"s that gave me good service and now have 6-8 volt Crown CR165's (recommended by ScottyB at one time) and am happy with them. Right now with the supply chain issues it boils down to what is available. I would have went with Crown CR190's if I could have found availability. I previously had charging issues with a DPI charger because it didn't have a charging profile for Crown CR165's. And don't forget #2 gauge cables. I also posted a picture of how to arrange your batteries so you only need 1 additional 9" cable if you're re-using the set from your 36 volt setup.

Here is a link to a post that I posted after my conversion.
https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=178084
https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=178084
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO