lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2020, 03:02 PM   #1
cenla2020
Not Yet Wild

Default 2015 Club Car Precedent- acceleration issue

Hello everyone. This is my first post and I am looking for some help. I attempted to search the site and find the answer to my question, but I was not able to find it. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

Last year I purchased a used 2015 Club Car Precedent. At the time, the batteries were one year old. My family and I love the golf cart, but I am having one annoying issue.

When pressing the accelerator pedal, everything seems fine with acceleration until the pedal is all the way down. Once the pedal is all the way down, the cart actually slows down a bit. If I hold the pedal 3/4 of the way down, it seems to be the fastest, best speed.

After reading many posts on here I came across the speed sensor test below which I attempted.

"Speed Sensor Test procedure: Make sure the car is not in sleep mode. This can be accomplished by driving it a few feet. Just make sure it's running. With F&R Switch in either of the three positions, and Tow/Run switch in the "Run" position, push the vehicle manually to simulate a vehicle roll-away. The "Roll-Away" braking feature will attempt to slow the car to keep it from "Rolling away" This will be accompanied by a series of "Beeps" from the reverse buzzer while the car is slowing itself down. If the vehicle pushes freely with no resistance this will tell you that there is no communication from the vehicle speed sensor to the controller. 99% of the time this means that there is a speed sensor failure. Once it's replaced the car will return to normal working condition."

I completed this test and it is negative. After pushing the cart manually, the cart does in fact have a series of beeps that occur, as well as the roll-away braking feature.

Does anyone have any other ideas of what my problem may be?

Appreciate your time and suggestions. Thanks

Cenla2020
cenla2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2020, 05:55 PM   #2
yensidcamper
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2015 Club Car Precedent- acceleration issue

Have you used a GPS to measure MPH to see if it actually slows down, or is it just clearly noticeable that it slows down?

I know mine accelerates to 14 mph then it feels like it is coasting. Since 14 mph is the max the controller will allow there is not another acceleration feeling until I let off the throttle and press it back down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yensidcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 06:08 PM   #3
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Try this: with key off press the pedal to the floor 20-30 times. If that helps you have oxidation build up in your throttle control box. MCOR this is common on club cars. You likely don’t drive it a lot with the pedal to the floor.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 11:45 PM   #4
Bobbob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 2015 Club Car Precedent- acceleration issue

The CC 2015 is a great cart. mrgolf is one of our expert’s on CC’s listen and try what he suggested. The MCOR actually stands for Motor Controller Output Regulator. It’s a fancy name for a potentiometer with a micro switch. The carbon traces can get dirty and not make good contact. By working the pedal a few times you can sometimes clean the traces. If this fixes your cart it may mean you need a new MCOR in the future.

If this is the case do your self a favor buy a OEM MCOR from one of our site sponsors. Amazon has cheap ones but from experience they sometimes only work for a short time if at all.

Edited it for spelling
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bobbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 12:27 AM   #5
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

If you need a new MCOR4 the one you're looking for is the Mexican version that has "ITW Switches" cast in the housing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MCOR4 Mexico.jpg (136.5 KB, 0 views)
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 08:50 AM   #6
scat pack cart
Not Yet Wild

Agree with others... MCOR. They are not hard to replace. A few screws and a couple plugs. I spent a little more time cleaning my pedal assembly with WD-40 while I had it out. Still less than an hr.to complete. World of difference. Dave w/ Revolution golf here on the sight can get you fixed up with great parts and instructions.
scat pack cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car