lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2020, 10:22 AM   #1
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default IQ bandit mapping

Passing this info from Alltrax about Bandit field maps onto the forum users.

If they had the 5BC motor you’re supposed to just run IQ-V4, as per Robbie at PQ. If it’s the EJ4/EJ8 motor then you can do the bandit map with 6500 rpm. We only recently found this out from him, we had been under the impression all the bandits were the same.

Would be nice if PQ could inform the customer as to which map they should use for what motor since they also sell Alltrax. We had a customer with a 5BC motor converted to a bandit getting very hot and causing the control to shutdown using the bandit map.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2020, 12:24 PM   #2
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: IQ bandit mapping

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Passing this info from Alltrax about Bandit field maps onto the forum users.

If they had the 5BC motor you’re supposed to just run IQ-V4, as per Robbie at PQ. If it’s the EJ4/EJ8 motor then you can do the bandit map with 6500 rpm. We only recently found this out from him, we had been under the impression all the bandits were the same.

Would be nice if PQ could inform the customer as to which map they should use for what motor since they also sell Alltrax. We had a customer with a 5BC motor converted to a bandit getting very hot and causing the control to shutdown using the bandit map.
I thought the Bandit was basically a rebuild, not a conversion.
It seems to me the increase in speed I've seen is mostly from the 4-pole speed magnet it came back with.
My stock motor was a GE, is that a 5BC?
Robbie told me the GE motors have a thin can and the brush rigging is small so he recommended no more than 400A, 6000 rpm and use the stock field map, IQ-V4.
The AMD motors can handle 500A, 6500 rpm and the better Alltrax field maps.
Will at Alltrax did not seem to be aware of the GE motor limitation, too.
I've been running our GE Bandit for a couple or weeks now with an XCT 48400 and have had no issues.
It pulls great off the line and goes around 27-28 mph on flat.
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 02:53 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Will was who told me they just learned this about the GE motor. Previously a lot of people running them with bandit maps. Would be nice if they would publish their recommendations

Sounds you are really spinning that motor up.
Old 08-05-2020, 05:44 PM   #4
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Will was who told me they just learned this about the GE motor. Previously a lot of people running them with bandit maps. Would be nice if they would publish their recommendations.

That might have been because of me asking questions.
I got info on my GE motor July 24 from Robbie and called Will about it.
Will sent me the IQ-V4 field map to use per Robbie's recommendation instead of one the Alltrax maps for speed or torque.
I set the max rpm in the Alltrax to 6000 rpm.
Not sure what rpm the motor is actually spinning at 29 mph, that was with 2 people and a dog, downhill.
The calculation of 6000 rpm, 18.5" tires and 10.3:1 gears gives me a theoretical top speed of 32 mph.
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 07:09 PM   #5
Out2Sea
Gone Wild

Quote:

Say what???

You’ve been pushing the 6000 rpm mantra for years. A simple search with your ID will prove it. That search might even show you sold the controller set to it.
Out2Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 11:33 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out2Sea View Post
Say what???

You’ve been pushing the 6000 rpm mantra for years. A simple search with your ID will prove it. That search might even show you sold the controller set to it.
Not sure what you mean. He said 6500 rpms. I think you are reading something that isn't here.
6000 is a max on any factory or most aftermarket motors. I never advocate running the motor at max rpm continually. They fail. The forum has proven that. Not knowing his tire size I simply said the motor was getting some rpms and LOL. No need to get upset about that now is there?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car