lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2022, 08:56 PM   #31
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV Curtis Controller won't move

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
I might say that most of the bad RXV controllers I get I still can get into the logic on the controller. They might not put out 5v, or give out any negative to solenoid but like I said most of the time I can get into the logic part of the controller. Now saying that, that controller might be shot.
I got ya! It powers up and does the test, but I can't tell if it's failed and shutting down, or if it's something else like a bad throttle signal or switch.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2022, 03:56 AM   #32
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes, normally I can see the faults with the programming station, but the controller is bad. You're unable to connect with the controller and your diagnostic plug isn't in the best of shape. I know you said that the plug and wiring is good but myself I would need to prove that to myself before I would scrap that controller.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 07:28 AM   #33
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Yes, normally I can see the faults with the programming station, but the controller is bad. You're unable to connect with the controller and your diagnostic plug isn't in the best of shape. I know you said that the plug and wiring is good but myself I would need to prove that to myself before I would scrap that controller.
Yes, that my plan. I plan to connect everything and see if I have good continuity on each wire on both sides of the plug. I think At least one pin is possible bad. I go on vacation Saturday for next week and was just hoping to at least figure it out before I leave, so I could have the parts on the way so the owner won't have to wait another week for parts after I get back. Golf Carts have been a side business for me since 2016, but looking at retiring this fall and doing it full time. This is only the 2nd RXV I've worked on other than just battery swaps!
Thanks for the help!

Old 06-30-2022, 01:31 PM   #34
cartdoc1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You can troubleshoot it without a handheld but it's more time and work. Basically you eliminate everything by taking voltage readings at the controller plug. I have to do that with the Danaher controllers. You will need a set of piercing probes for a meter. We can check all the inputs and outputs and go from there. Correct me if I'm wrong, the issue with the cart is the brake not releasing ?

The first thing to check is the 5 volt output (pin 15, orange wire). I believe the ground for that is pin 18. I'll double check when I get to the shop.
cartdoc1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 05:44 PM   #35
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Ok, so finally got the computer to connect. Apparently my twist lock mechanism on the adapter wasn't letting the pins go deep enough into the female pins. I cut the twist lock off and it connected. Showing no active faults, but a list in the history. The top error should be the latest one correct? Bad solenoid? Gonna clear them and start up again to see what happens, but have to do a quick errand and I'll be right back to. Glad to figure the connection issue out at least!

Old 06-30-2022, 06:23 PM   #36
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartdoc1969 View Post
You can troubleshoot it without a handheld but it's more time and work. Basically you eliminate everything by taking voltage readings at the controller plug. I have to do that with the Danaher controllers. You will need a set of piercing probes for a meter. We can check all the inputs and outputs and go from there. Correct me if I'm wrong, the issue with the cart is the brake not releasing ?

The first thing to check is the 5 volt output (pin 15, orange wire). I believe the ground for that is pin 18. I'll double check when I get to the shop.
I did finally connect the computer. Cleared the codes. Switch on the cart again. Solenoid clicks and does the brake test. No go, no codes. Solenoid coil voltage at start up went to 36v during click like I expected and then settled at 28v. Is that normal?

Old 06-30-2022, 06:46 PM   #37
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hallelujah! Changed the solenoid and she runs! All this over a solenoid! Glad I didn't but another controller! Thanks guys!

Old 06-30-2022, 07:00 PM   #38
cartdoc1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Glad you got it fixed. Thanks for the update
cartdoc1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 07:54 PM   #39
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Great job it always feels good to get them going again...

Thanks for the update...
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO