lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2022, 10:32 AM   #1
atl944
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO Lowered look help!!!!!

Hi all, have a question regarding the golf cart pic attached. I am in the process of a build and would loved to get that lowered look. Is that just larger lower profile tires or does it require lowering the cart? I am thinking if you lower it, you wont be able to get 14' on it.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

thanks

see pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg low rider.jpeg (95.1 KB, 0 views)
atl944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2022, 02:06 PM   #2
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO Lowered look help!!!!!

You have to lower both front and back. Those look like low profile tires but everything depends on the overall height of the tire you’re mounting not just the rim size. Some people are dropping them really low using air shocks or air bags, others are just lowering them a couple inches using blocks in the rear and flipping the springs end for end.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 02:30 PM   #3
atl944
Not Yet Wild

thanks for your comments, any idea where to get rear blocks? Also, for the front, not sure I understand the thing about the shocks?????

thanks again
atl944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 03:22 PM   #4
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

For the rear some people have used 2” x 2” square tube 4” long. I used 1-3/4” square tube because my springs are 1-3/4” wide. You’ll have to get new U bolts also. Try a trailer shop for those. I have not done the front yet but from what I’ve found you don’t need new shocks or intermediate steering link if you’re only rotating the front springs front to back. You do need to remove the shorter second spring. If you want shorter shocks a Monroe 555001 which is for a 5th wheel trailer should work.
Old 07-02-2022, 03:27 PM   #5
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Oh, one other thing, if you want to get really low, be sure and check out hotcat’s detailed post on how he did his. All 45 or so pages! He did a nice job.

Tags
ezgo, low profile, lowered
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO