lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2012, 09:18 PM   #1
tbird654
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 07' Club Car Precedent surging at Full Speed

First off I want to thank the mods and the contributors to this forum.

I recently purchased 07' Club Car Precedent. I replaced the batteries within the first week of owning it due to the previous owner being a num num and never adding or watching the water levels. The batteries were completely dry and the lead plates were melting. And believe it or not they were still working! I purchased 4 new 12v Trojans and added them yesterday.

Not sure if it's normal but is it suppose to surge or have a small let off feel at full speed? Also sometimes it doesn't take off when I push the petal, I will let off then mash it and it will go. Note it did this before the battery change also.

I am assuming that this is a Controller issue.?.? If so where is it and should I replace it with the stock version? I plan to lift it 6" and add 23" tires with 12 or 14" rims.

Thanks!
tbird654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2012, 08:37 AM   #2
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Default Re: 07' Club Car Precedent surging at Full Speed

Are you going down hill when the surging occurs? If so it's the regen braking kicking in. If it's surging on a level surface, one of the experts needs to offer suggestions.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:02 AM   #3
tbird654
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

DownSouth- Sick cart. My cart looks exactly like your cart in Pic #1. Hope it looks that good when I'm finished.

The cart does it at full speed on flat surface. It seems to be fine in mid range speed. Is there a safe way to disengage the regen brake to see if that is it?
Old 01-17-2012, 10:41 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

It's possible it's a speed sensor issue, have you tried resetting the 0BC. I would try that first and after that there is a test to check the speed sensor a very simple test if you read through a few of the other post you'll find that there were issues with those speed sensors.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:05 PM   #5
tbird654
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
It's possible it's a speed sensor issue, have you tried resetting the 0BC. I would try that first and after that there is a test to check the speed sensor a very simple test if you read through a few of the other post you'll find that there were issues with those speed sensors.............................
Thanks for the tip. I pulled the cover and reset the OBC. Did a little clean up and it ran perfect.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:38 AM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird654 View Post
Thanks for the tip. I pulled the cover and reset the OBC. Did a little clean up and it ran perfect.
.........your welcome.......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car